Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can find the color matched side body molding (Mesa Beige).

Is it hard to install??

Gary

·
Registered
671 Posts
Glad you asked! There was a group buy for body side moldings (BSM) but we missed it! It looks like all colors are available at various times, and the installation is probably pretty easy. My dealer wanted $149.00, not including installation which would probably run $75.00 or so. I think the group buy from Hondacuraworld.com was for under $100.00.

I wonder if another one could be started?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Get it from Tim. They go on in minutes.

·
Registered
80 Posts
gshermy2--
The key to finding out info on the BSM's on this board is to do a search for "Body Side Moulding" (it's a weird spelling.) There are all sorts of photos of people's installations and discussions of templates, using double stick tape, etc.

Good luck!

Jon

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
AcuraMDX2002 said:
I wonder if another one could be started?
Count me in if another group buy is started. Pick up my X tommorrow and the first thing I will add are the BSM's.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hello, Tim - are you interested?

·
Registered
291 Posts
I would be interested in Mesa Beige...

·
Registered
968 Posts
Does it cover the surface area of the doors pretty good against dings from cars parked next to it?

:confused:

·
Registered
671 Posts
I know it depends on the car door that dings your X, but I seem to have been hit only once since I installed the BSMs and the 'ding' was on the BSM!! It was very slight and I can't even see it now that I've done a little washing and waxing.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
We had one very slight ding PRIOR to ...

... applying the BSM and it was exactly were the BSM goes. :4: I'm sure that not all dings will be protected but the recommended BSM location seems as good as any.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Will4271 said:
Does it cover the surface area of the doors pretty good against dings from cars parked next to it?

:confused:
It does a decent job of picking off potential dings from cars that are parked next to it, but you need to be wary of other similar sized vehicles like pickups or other SUVs, since they set up higher than your average car. And you got to be careful of angled parking, because the front and rear fenders are not protected by the BSMs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts