1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,150 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,646 Posts
Is your MDX a lease? If not, I'd just use Gorilla glue and call it a day.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks...is there any tutorial to replace both parts as I couldn’t find one :(
As a guy who has disassembled more than a few mirrors in his time, I can tell you it is a huge pain in the ass.

That said, I am not positive, but I think the broken part is actually part of the body. Not 100% on that, but I think so.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As a guy who has disassembled more than a few mirrors in his time, I can tell you it is a huge pain in the ass.

That said, I am not positive, but I think the broken part is actually part of the body. Not 100% on that, but I think so.
Do you suggest buying the whole assembly and replace it vs buying housing and turn light indicator parts?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Do you suggest buying the whole assembly and replace it vs buying housing and turn light indicator parts?
Yes, I recommend buying the whole assembly. It obviously is much more costly, but I think it would be better to spend the money than spend the money anyway and ding it all up in disassembly and reassembly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I recommend buying the whole assembly. It obviously is much more costly, but I think it would be better to spend the money than spend the money anyway and ding it all up in disassembly and reassembly.
Ah thanks as I was afraid to piecemeal it. Do you know any instructions/vdo to follow?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ah thanks as I was afraid to piecemeal it. Do you know any instructions/vdo to follow?
For swapping out the mirror?
I am sure there is something on youtube or I can talk you through it.
I have done 1,000's
What year?

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,646 Posts
2017-advance package
Its a little time consuming. You gotta take out three screws on the door card, remove the weather stripping and the right side BSM indicator, to access the mirror housing screws. There should be 3 bolts IICR, with the size being either 8mm or 10mm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi...my 2017 X (advance trim) passenger side mirror housing is broken. Can I just buy the housing or have to buy whole assembly

View attachment 116000
agree with much of this strings. I had similar mirror “owie” and replaced it completely - just “Remove &Replace”. YouTube was my friend; I’m not that handy but did it. I bought mirror online from Acura dealership— just be very sure of paint color and model. Actually - it was fun!!!

—- Guess what, my other teenager “dinged” the other mirror so I get to do it again it again! 👍🤣

good luck

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
agree with much of this strings. I had similar mirror “owie” and replaced it completely - just “Remove &Replace”. YouTube was my friend; I’m not that handy but did it. I bought mirror online from Acura dealership— just be very sure of paint color and model. Actually - it was fun!!!

—- Guess what, my other teenager “dinged” the other mirror so I get to do it again it again! 👍🤣

good luck
:)

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,646 Posts

good luck
Your teenagers are horrible at judging the distances between the wall and the mirrors 😂 😂 .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts