Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just washed my MDX, and went inside for a cup of coffee. When I returned, my MDX had definitely SHRUNK!! I cannot even fit in the door anymore!

I am going to let it dry out, and see if it expands again. Anyone else experience this?

Here is a pic, with my faithful cat Napoleon beside it to show the shrinkage (my contribution to the pet forum!)
:D

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is another closeup.

p.s. This is a great way to pass time waiting on your "X". Buy one of these die-cast collectibles, set it on your monitor, and dream of driving off in the sunset while you are browsing acuramdx.org.

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
After the MDX shrank, its roof rack has better spacing............:)

Even the model company understand roof racks better than Acura

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Where did you find that diecast collectible?

jediwebdude,

It is made by a company called Maisto. It is scale 1/36 model. I bought mine at KB Toys for $2.49, I also saw these at Longs Drug for $2.99. Too bad they only make them in silver.

Incidentally, my local Acura dealer carries these also, and just like with real MDXs, they grossly overprice these model MDXs as well ($12).

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
My model ...

... was included free with the purchase of $40K large scale replica:D

·
Registered
206 Posts
I bought two at Wallmart a couple of months ago. One for my office at work, and one at home. I found out several weeks after I bought them that they actually move by themselves if you pull back on them. Plus the front doors open. WOW!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Though it's great that the roof rack spacing is more like the '01s, I'd consider tinting the windows. Especially with the ebony interior. Really helps keep things cool and good for security.

You may consider investing in a water softener...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Matt: for the Seinfeld reference :D :D I sure miss that show......my favorite episode is "the contest", split my sides laughing.

For the die cast, there is usually some on E-bay as well, check under Acura MDX items. Although with the shipping added, is usually not a bargain.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts