Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today someone put a 5x7" Glossy Flyer (100 lbs card stock paper) on my driver side window and it fell into the gap next to the window. The flyer is now stuck inside my door. Is there anyway to remove it without taking apart my door? Are there any unforeseen consequences of leaving it in my door? My only concern is that it might block the water draining system for the door.

I'm sure I can take apart my door panel but is it necessary?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
The only way to get that out would probably be to disassemble the door. I haven't had my 3rd gen door panels off, but usually there is a plastic liner that is siliconed over the door, behind the panel. You'd have to break that seal and I wouldn't want to do that unless you HAD to.

I would just leave it in there. I don't think you'd block any drains. 100lbs cardstock is about as heavy as 5 sheets of paper... I would think the power window would have no problem bending/crushing that, so it's unlikely to cause too much trouble. The worst-case scenario, in my head, is it getting stuck in the window track and causing a problem... But I think that is unlikely.

If it were me, I'd leave it alone, and just try to avoid getting anything else down there, lol.

Reactions: Irobot2090

·
Registered
741 Posts
If you can see it try using a piece of piano wire with a tiny hook in the end to fish it out. Or video the dealer removing it and send the bill to the advertising agency. Water will collect on the paper.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, I removed the door panel and look for that paper. Well, too bad it's already at the bottom of the door and hiding right on the corner. So I guess i'll just leave it there for now.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I know those flyers server a purpose to help a business grow but to date I have yet to visit any of them and half the time I don’t even look at them.

I do hate it when they place it in the window well. You have to use two hands to remove it so it doesn’t fall in.

Since you are in the thick of it you should visit the or call if you cannot visit the business and let know the pain they put you in and show pictures. While they didn’t personally do it they gave direction for sure. I can see them saying - “don’t put it on the windshield, put it on the drivers side door so they have to see it and touch it”

Now that you did this would you do it again?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.