Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I currently have a 2008 MDX....a dealer is bringing a 2014 MDX by tomorrow for me to test drive. I'm looking for opinions! Any problems with the 2014? Things are starting to fail on my 2008. HFL quit...

I read the 2014 is the worst so far. What are your experiences?

Thank you!

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
"Things are starting to fail on my 2008. HFL quit"

Jeez that´s it? That is enough to warrant a new car?....
My HFL didn´t quit, I unplug it in full working order because I don´t use it... I should get rid of the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really wasn't looking for a smart ass comment or a rude response. ..there is also an engine leak and some other problems found the last time I took my 2008 in. If you know anything about the HFL going out, you would know that can also cause the battery to constantly go dead. Repair is around $1,000. Who knows what the leak is. I could spend $500 looking or get rid of it. I see that the 2014's one website have the most engine problems. I mainly wanted to know if anyone has experienced that.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I really wasn't looking for a smart ass comment or a rude response. ..there is also an engine leak and some other problems found the last time I took my 2008 in. If you know anything about the HFL going out, you would know that can also cause the battery to constantly go dead. Repair is around $1,000. Who knows what the leak is. I could spend $500 looking or get rid of it. I see that the 2014's one website have the most engine problems. I mainly wanted to know if anyone has experienced that.

I have a 2014. I don't have issues regarding its engine. It's the rear suspension excessive noise I am worried about.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
According to truedelta.com the '14 has excellent reliability as do almost all other years of the MDX. Coincidentally, 2008 is by-far the least reliable year for the MDX (by a factor of 3!!). Most '14 issues were electrical and many complaints about the infotainment being slow/annoying.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
The nav system sucks in my opinion. Check fit and finish. Other then that,it's been good. 40,000 miles so far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts