Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Definitely yes...

The other day there was a huge accident on the main highway to my house. When seeing the stop and go traffic, I asked the Navigation to avoid that road. It took me on some side roads I never would have known about myself, and saved myself so much time!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
for $2000 I could sit in some traffic!!!!!!!!!!!!! But it is a great toy. I highly recomend it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
s

·
Registered
339 Posts
Get it if you can offer the extra 2K

I just did a late night driving to a neighborhood that is considered not so pleasing. Your know... the NAV got me there with razor sharp precision.

You won't use the NAV everyday but it sure is great at a critical point.

Road trip is now a joy with navigation. Otherwise you and your family's trip conversation would focus a lot on the MAP!

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Hey RedMdxMemphis

I was born and raised in Memphis - I didn't know there were any "not so pleasing" areas there;)

On a serious note, we were driving into Memphis last Thanksgiving (our folks still live there) and ran into a terrible construction delay outside of West Memphis, Ark. The Navi was progammed for my folks house. I hit the calculate detour button and it rerouted us through downtown West Memphis - it was great.

CH777: Get the Nav - you will not regret it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I used the NAV this morning when I hit traffic during the morning rush hour. I took the nearest exit and let the NAV lead me onto a secluded back road bypass the jam, and route back onto the same highway. Unfortunately, I ended up in front of the same truck on the highway. Guess I was too quick to try this thing out.:(

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sorry this is off topic, but what are performance modifications?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Loose Cannon:
I was being lazy to list the modifications. But if you must know, here they are:

Audi 1.8T:

Stage II Turbo modifications:
Jamix air filter, TAP chip, Scorpion stainless steel exhaust
Carbotech brakes
B&G Springs
Koni adjustable shocks
Auto meter turbo boost gauge
Drilled & lined driver side wheel well with stainless steel mesh (improve intercooler efficiency)
Bridgestone RE730 225/50/15 tires
Xenon-filled bulbs

Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited:

K&N cone filter charger with cold air box
MOPAR performance electronic control unit (ECU) for 25 hp gain
MSD 6 Ignition system with timing retard (for towing)
High-flow CAT
Edelbrock exhaust system
Edelbrock IAS shocks
Pirelli Scorpion tires
Jeep Skid Plates for steering, transfer case, gas tank
Jeep Class IV towing hitch
Sylvania Extra-vision lights
Yakima racks & accessories
WT mats

Most of the modifications were done to improve performance, not much was done to the appearance of the cars. So it often take people by surprise. Hope that answers your question on the abbreviation.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sounds cool. What are you going to do to your MDX?

·
Registered
229 Posts
and where are you going to buy them.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Loose Cannon:
We are completely off the topic now for this thread. No heavy duty modification for the MDX yet. As a minimum will be the K&N cone air filter. Beyond that, the Mugen modifications. Still need to do more research on the horsepower gain. But we have great experience using K&N and Mugen parts on previous Honda/Acura cars. Just don't make me list those. ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: A Great Big Yes

msu79gt82 said:
We love it and have found it to be very useful on a number of occasions. Its also a lot of fun and way cool:D :cool: :D
200% agree here. It is the greatest toy I ever have had.:p :p :p

·
Registered
229 Posts
We should rename this thread.

K&N does have a filter out.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Or who wil have more posts, Loose or DaleB.

·
Registered
229 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,729 Posts
I am not sure where are you going to drive with your MDX. For me? I don't think I need one, since I drive mostly around the area that I am familiar. :D

But if your wife get lost on the road often (like my friends), suggest you to get it. Otherwise, save the bucks. ;)

21 - 40 of 57 Posts