Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a deposit on a MDX Touring Package w/ Nav & Res in SBP but haven't decided on the accessories yet. The dealer (Serramonte Acura of Colma, CA) offered be a price break on the running boards $675, wheel locks $73, All Weather Mats $120 and side molding $200, but they all seem to be still more expensive than getting them via acuraworld.com. Are running boards and side moldings necessary? I've been hearing differing opinions on this and still can't make up my mind ( I'd rather have the dealer install the running boards & side moldings rather than doing myself in the after market) Just wondering if most people are going after these accesso.ries on the aftermarket vs. paying the outrageous dealer markups. Can't wait to pick up my MDX and join the ever growing family of MDX owners!

·
Registered
11,138 Posts
Accessories are very subjective, much like the color you choose. If you are capable installing them yourself, then no doubt the best place to get them is through Tim. If you want your dealer to install them, see if they will match Tim's price and work out a reasonable labor charge for the installs. Tim provides very detailed install instructions for all of the accessories, so you may want to reconsider doing it yourself or having help from a friend. Good Luck!

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you feel comfortable installing these accessories yourself, then you can save a little extra money. The installation instructions are usually pretty straight forward. And there are lots of advice and tips found on this board. The side moldings are good for preventing some but not all door dings and they look nice. Running boards are good for getting in and out, or putting things to the roof rack.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dunno guys,

I got brand new parts and accessories thru an Acura dealer in GA that I believe is just starting to tap internet sales. For my >$40K '03 X, I wanted nothing less than brand new genuine parts.

Here's an example of the pricing:

Wood Trim Panel $105.00
Burl Shift Knob $85.00
All Season Mats $87.50
Gold Emblem Kit $96.25
Gold Inner Grille $90.00
Gold Exhaust Finisher $86.26
Cargo Cover $100

$20 to ship the whole lot via FedEx....Arrived MINT in PA in 2 days.
Installed everything in about 2 1/2 hours

'03 X RRPearl with above + Wood Wheel Tour/NAV
Acquired Jan 16 '03 (ordered Aug 02)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Tim! Tim! Tim!:29:

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Just get the roof rack, everything else is pretty easy

·
Registered
2,266 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
So, I guess now I get the proverbial "slap on the wrist". The same response was given, but it was a different thead. In fact, two separate and different email discussions have emerged from the posts. Wow! Don't 'dis Tim!! Sheesh!!

Rob

'03 X RRPearl Tour/Nav w/goodies
Acquired Jan 16 '03 (ordered Aug 02)

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Nah, it's really not like that. I never asked that people don't discuss other online vendors....in fact I know that there are places that can provide good prices and service just as I can.....all I ever asked from being here is to be considered among them.

I just have a lot of supporters here, for which I'm always grateful :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks, and I'm also one of them! I just placed an order Saturday! :D

BTW, nice web site...but some pixs need updating and some choices need updating to. For example, I sent someone to your website for a wood wheel, and they said you only had Black or Tan. If you also are carrying the '03 accy's, you'll need to add the "Dark Saddle" or note the '03 plood differences also...

Just my $.02

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Funny you should say that.....the new Hondacuraworld site will be launched February 1st :)

It's time the website caught up a bit with the times ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Correct Cargo Cover Color?

I just bought floor and cargo mats from hondacuraworld.com. A comment and a question:

- While comparison shopping, I wanted to understand shipping cost. Other sites just wanted my ZIP code; hondacuraworld made me fill in all my personal information before it would tell me. Ironically, the answer was much better than others: only $2 vs. thirty-something at another site. This should be made clear up front; I almost gave up as I was expecting the shipping to be a "gotcha" after the information was withheld until so late in the transaction.

- I'm also considering a cargo cover for my yet-to-be-delivered 2003. Exterior is blue; interior is saddle. Don't see saddle amongst the choices. Do I want black? tan? None at all?

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Tangible:

___Tan is also referred to as Saddle if that helps …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Re: Correct Cargo Cover Color?

tangible said:
This should be made clear up front; I almost gave up as I was expecting the shipping to be a "gotcha" after the information was withheld until so late in the transaction.
From the HondAcuraWorld.com home page:

All of our prices include FREE SHIPPING in the continental US. Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico are 10% extra and are calculated at the end of your order.

:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
1. Thanks re the info that Tan=Saddle. I've never understood why car manufacturers can't use color names that are more descriptive albeit less poetic. My son's car Accord is "heather mist", and no one has ever been able to tell me what that is!

2. I see now that it does say free shipping on the home page, but it's buried in a lot of text, which is not good for those of us who don't rtfm. When, for example, Amazon offers free shipping, you KNOW it. Also, the statement isn't quite true: According to my invoice from the order, the shipping charge is $2.00. Still a very good deal, but why not say so?

·
Registered
26 Posts
The "Dark Saddle" on my '03 is definitely different than "Tan" from the previous years. I've just compared my '03 RRPearl dark saddle to my coworker's '02 Sandstone? Tan interior and they are slightly, but noticeably different.

Tim, do you recognize the difference, and do you account for this when we order '03 parts?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Quote from my Acura dealer when asked about a repacked '02 wood steering wheel...

"It is a Genuine Acura Part and physically it will fit. The part number is different because Acura has changed their interior colors. I'm not sure how much of a difference there is in color, because I absolutely can not tell the difference between taupe/tan/oak/parchment. They ALL LOOK THE SAME to me :)"....

Take it for what it's worth, but for a $400 item, I want to make sure it's a dead match!

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Robknecht:

___Why don’t you just call him at 888-729-5257 since he does know the difference between the 01/02’s and 03’s directly. He probably sees more accessory orders personally than anyone on the planet so why ask the questions here when you can get them answered directly at time of purchase? I most certainly would and I believe you should do the same …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
tangible said:
1. Thanks re the info that Tan=Saddle. I've never understood why car manufacturers can't use color names that are more descriptive albeit less poetic. My son's car Accord is "heather mist", and no one has ever been able to tell me what that is!
I agree. They must think saddle sounds more "luxurious" than tan. Heather mist is a good one. I wonder how much it cost them to come up with that name!:2:

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
FYI, I'm going to have more power to address concerns once the new site comes online Feb 1st.

We do make part number adjustments as needed in-house before the orders are shipped......even though you can't see that on the site. In the future, this will happen online

1 - 20 of 25 Posts