Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I've been reading this board for the last 2 days.....I finally convinced my wife to get an MDX instead of a minivan for our growing family...Whew!

I live in the Philadelphia, and availablilty at all the dealers in my area, is pretty much the same... 2-3 month wait maybe shorter if Dealer's allocation is not totally sold out in advance.

I happend to stumble across a deal in Maryland... I was on the phone with a salesman asking what or if they had anything available when someone backed out on an order as we were on the phone. They offered it to me on the spot, it is a Granite Green, Touring w/Navigation. I gave them a credit card deposit of $1000 to hold it. I have til tomorrow to consumate the deal or I lose my spot.

Granite Green isn't my first choice, but I was wondering what you guys think of this color. I haven't seen it and I'd hate to drop 40K and drive the 100 miles and find out it's just not my color. My first choice was Starlight Silver and maybe the Havasu Blue.

Please sell me on this color! The color swatch on the brochure and pictures on Acura's website don't give me a true feel for the color and the fact that its discontinued worries me a little. Was it a slow seller or what?

Wondering if I should jump on it or pass??....It's nice not to have to wait:)

BTW Dealer price is MSRP and no forced dealer extras.

Thanks,

Greg

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
I'll tell you the truth, if it were me. I'd pass!

I actually passed on Mesa Beige, Granite Green, because I wanted Nighthawk Black. I always hold to the fact, why should I settle on something just because its there, on sale, etc. When i really want the other. Trust me, go with what you want and you will be HAPPY! Sure you'll have to wait, we all did except for maybe 5% But we are Happy with our choices.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Greg:

Granite Green is one of the most desired colors for the MDX. You will not go wrong with this color. Also, Acuar is discontinuing this color. You will one of the few to own this. Good Luck.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Do some searches, there are great pix of GG on this forum! That should help you decide. It's much less green than granite...I have a pic on my pc wallpaper
it's the color I have on order. but by all means give it a look before saying yes.
The car definitely looks better in darker colors unless you love white. I like Mesa Biege too actually.
I think the big favorite is Deep Mahogany Pearl but is no longer available. Black is a class act too if you like it.
Not much consensus about Havasu Blue, and everyone is waiting since it's been delayed, to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
442 Posts
In defense of Granite Green

As others have stated, it's really more grey than green. I think it looks classy and I read somewhere that grey's are the most popular car colors, making a potential resale/trade-in more seamless (compared to a white or bright red).

·
Registered
928 Posts
If you have time and if Navasu Blue is anything close to what TL Type S has, wait it out! SS is always a good choice, but it is just not special anymore - every other car or truck is silver-colored. I can tell you for sure, you can't go wrong with Granite Green. It's very practical - you do not see the dust/whirls/small scratches on it (and you will, unless you are willing to slave 7 hours a week on detailing). Plus, with the exception of Honda Odyssey, the color is very unique. I believe this was one of the first compliments I got from people. Overall, if the price is good and the equipment is good, and the only problem is color<?> - unless it's a couple extra days wait, get it! But my opinion is biased, sorry! ;)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Im another Granite Green MDX owner. I just love the color. I was trying to decide between it and silver. When I saw them both together, I decided on the GG. It is mostly gray, but you can see the green in it under certain lighting conditions. It has a unique look to it. I kind of think of it as a high tech look. Darker colors also show the Zaino shine better. Also, if you pass on the GG, you will wish you didnt as you wait for the next MDX to come in.

By the way Dale, where did you get your GG wallpaper? I have the RedRock wallpaper, and wish it was GG.

·
Registered
467 Posts
GG vs. Silver

I have GG, wife has silver - get to see them side by side all the time. I like the GG better. Silver hides the dirt a little better though.

I've seen a black one around town - I think that color looks awesome. Too much work to keep clean in my book though. Not sure if the black ext comes with black interior either - black interior is a must for me.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thanks Dale.

Now Greg, doesnt that GG picture make you want to run down immediately to your dealer and grab that GG? Expecially at MSRP and no forced options.

Everyone at work who has seen my car tells me how great the color is. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Greg,

Both GG and SS are lovely colors on MDX. GG is more unique on the street, but SS could hide dirt better.

Doesn't matter which color you pick, I don't believe you will be regret for it.

- JTM

·
Registered
928 Posts
re: Markedoc

wow!!! I'm impressed! Double the pleasure, double the MDX-fun! Do you have the same accessories, etc.? I think you are the first and only family on this forum to claim a DOUBLE 'D-X! :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
I absolutely love my granite green -- it does tend to be mostly charcoal -- but it's a pretty charcoal. On sunny days with lots of white clouds in the sky -- you'll sneak a peak at the green hue. It doesn't show dust at all either -- which is nice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts