Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer replaced short block on my 2010 mdx @66k miles due to high oil consumption issue.

is short block replacement kit includes timing belt?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Are you getting close to the 105,000 mile service? My service department doesn't give a complete breakdown like they do for non-warranty work on the receipt IF I get a receipt. They sometimes just give me a loaner and the fixed vehicle back a few days later. Might have to call the dealership to see what was done because they might have done the timing belt, valve adjustment, maybe spark plugs, and serpentine belt+tensioner at 66K. That could move your 105K server to 166K down the road ( still might have to do the water pump).

·
Registered
169 Posts
What is short block?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Main engine block plus the rotating assembly; basically the "engine" with no accessories bolted to it.

FYI a long block is the short block plus the heads bolted on.

OP, if you did't pay anything for the replacement short block, assume nothing else is new unless you have a receipt saying so.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Some TLX owners who had shortblock replaced indicated that it did not resolve the oil consumption problem. Hope it will resolve yours.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
268 Posts
Some TLX owners who had shortblock replaced indicated that it did not resolve the oil consumption problem. Hope it will resolve yours.

It was said somewhere else but maybe the fact that the engine wasn’t broken in properly could be the reason why the oil consumption is so damn high...

·
Registered
739 Posts
It was said somewhere else but maybe the fact that the engine wasn’t broken in properly could be the reason why the oil consumption is so damn high...

I don't believe the non sense 'broken in properly' bs especially for the j37 serie engines.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I don't believe the non sense 'broken in properly' bs especially for the j37 serie engines.

Well I’ve personally never had to break in an engine (never owned a new car) but who knows, maybe some day down the road I can test the theory?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts