Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, my '06 MDX Touring also needs a pair of shocks in the rear. Is there any benefit going with famous brand like Monroe or doesn't really matter with some off brands? Looking on Ebay, price difference between off-brands and Monroe is something like $30-40 (with Monroe being the more expensive one). As always, your advice will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I put on some Bilsteins (IIRC). I didn't really notice a lot of difference, but that's probably because my original 180000 mile shocks were still in great shape (AZ roads are smooth, and I replaced them chasing a rear end squeak that ended up being the spare tire mount). BTW, I can sell you a set of perfectly good OEM shocks with 180000 miles. ;-)

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I just remembered - the Bilsteins are on my Jeep, and the KYB Exel-Gs are on my MDX!!! ;-)

I'm happy with the KYBs - I can't say they're much different than the (apparently still good) original shocks I replaced, but there's certainly nothing "wrong" with them. I've probably had them on for 15,000 miles or less, but it's over smooth Arizona roads and interstates crossing the US a couple times. It'll be a long time before I'll have any idea if they last a long time. ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.