Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing the front brake pads on my 2013 MDX with EBC 7000 green stuff. These pads don't come with shims. Should I use the shims that are already on the old pads, or just leave them off? Should I use high-temp grease on the backs of the shims or use anti-squeal glue?

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
NOPE! Those shims are because the OEM Honda pad is universal for a lot of vehicles, those shims are to fill that clearance in the MDX and the EBC Pads (or Any other Aftermarket pad) doesn´t need it, As it has the correct pad material without the need of shims.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NOPE! Those shims are because the OEM Honda pad is universal for a lot of vehicles, those shims are to fill that clearance in the MDX and the EBC Pads (or Any other Aftermarket pad) doesn´t need it, As it has the correct pad material without the need of shims.
Thank you. I installed the EBC pads without the old shims. I reused the clips that the pads slip into after cleaning and lubing them. I assume this is proper?

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
The hardware? Its ok,
I was wondering if the EBC 7000 HD had any new hardware, but if not then dont worry you can re-use the old hardware.

Tell us how the new pads feels.. I am planning on using those pads in the future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts