Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi Dale,

I bought the Acura burl wood shift knob. I didnt know there were other choices, but I really like my knob. Its the only real wood in the MDX, and also matches the trim.

By the way, I noticed you dont have the wood (simulated) panel trim listed. It really adds to the MDX.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been contemplating that one too, actually. This has all been an exercise in just a little more money....hahaha..

I guess all the MDXs are not that different from each other. But they are so unique that just owning one makes a statement.
It's nice to give your own it's individuality.
Meter trim is ok. I am not that enamored of the full wood trim. Almost seems too much but certainly a personal thing. There are tons of shift knobs out there. Some are just neat to look at, especially the machined aluminum with carbon fiber inserts. Some are really works of art, but one has to find something that works with a given interior.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Dale,

As soon as your car is built, you can call the dealer to get the VIN #. Then you know the car is real. I know how hard that wait is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dale,
Well... it turned out a different topic from a shift knob to...... congratulations!.

Now, you've got yours finally, and don't need to worry about 2002/2003 model.
Didn't you say yours will be available late June/Jully?
Anyway, it seems that the production gets speedy (or you picked up someone's cancellation. I think the latter...)

Good to hear from a Bay Area guy that he's going to be a MDXer.
I hope to be, too.

Enjoy your waiting...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts