Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 2016 MDX Advance and I'm not impressed with the transition from 1st to 2nd. In NORMAL mode, there is a small hesitation when accelerating from a stop and then it launches you when it shifts to 2nd. I'm exaggerating a little, but it's very noticeable. Is this a known issue? Is it better in other modes? Did you get used to it? Aside from that, I love the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got my 2016 MDX Advance and I'm not impressed with the transition from 1st to 2nd. In NORMAL mode, there is a small hesitation when accelerating from a stop and then it launches you when it shifts to 2nd. I'm exaggerating a little, but it's very noticeable. Is this a known issue? Is it better in other modes? Did you get used to it? Aside from that, I love the car.
Hi,

I have a 2017 MDX and from the time I picked it up until now, I experienced a hard or "jerky" shift between 1st and 2nd gear. I took it into my dealership for 2 years, explaining the problem but was told that was how it was. They did do a "re-learn" which was supposed to help the car adapt to my driving but this did little to elevate the problem. I knew that I wasn't dreaming because they once gave me a curtesy 2018 MDX and if shifted perfectly.
Eventually I spoke to the Service Manager and he said that they performed a "Running software update" and this completely fixed the problem. He said that the technician would only find out about this update if they were looking for specific things otherwise they wouldn't be alerted to it. Anyways, after driving the car now I can tell you that it shifts perfectly between 1st and 2nd gears and I am completely happy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts