Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a couple of treads dealing with this subject. Several folks said they had or were going to install the sheepskin seat covers from SuperLamb in San Diego.

After having them on for awhile, how do you like them and how are they wearing? Are they as comfortable in the summer as they are in the winter.

I would like to find something that will reduce the wear and tear on the drivers seat and I like the looks of these.

Thanks for any comments and insights.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
fvince said:
I found a couple of treads dealing with this subject. Several folks said they had or were going to install the sheepskin seat covers from SuperLamb in San Diego.

After having them on for awhile, how do you like them and how are they wearing? Are they as comfortable in the summer as they are in the winter.

I would like to find something that will reduce the wear and tear on the drivers seat and I like the looks of these.

Thanks for any comments and insights.
I once had an expensive pair in one of my cars and pieces and little bits of hair got all over the interior. If you have ebony interior it will show all the little pieces that start to come off once broken in. I would look into custom seat cover that are made at auto upholstery stores and can made a nice set of custom ones.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had purchased sheeps earlier. Today when i brought the car in for servicing, the tech said that the Sheeps will cause the side airbags not to deploy properly. Any threads on this topic earlier? thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got the same answer from my service department on the seat covers. They said the covers would restrict the deployment of the airbag because they are built into the seat. I'm more worried about safety so I took my covers back and got a refund.:2:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sheepskin vests

The covers I am considering do not cover the upper part of the seat so as to interfere with the side airbags. The sheepskin only covers the middle portion of the seat. A picture of this is on the Superlamb website www.superlamb.com

I was just interested in how they have stood up for the folks who bought them a few months ago. I'll be in San Diego in September and will check them out before making a decision. However, I think a contrasting charcoal sheepskin on my black seats would look and feel nice.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just ordered sheepskins for the MDX and my wife's Lexus. They altered them for side airbags. They cut a slit on the side where the bags would deploy, put back together with sewn in velcro. I can't even tell where the cuts were. My dealer said this would be OK. Here's their website:

http://www.rmsheep.com/

PS: This is my first post, but have been lurking here for months. Love my MDX.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts