Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got SH-AWD system problem warning light on and it showed All-Wheel Drive: C1843-62.
2017 MDX Tech AWD with 5700 miles on it.
Any ideas about this problem?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Auto part Gauge

Vehicle Car Technology Automotive exterior Auto part

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Car is too new and the codes meaning has yet to hit the internet... So this will be a dealership only diagnosis.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you check AcuraLink like it told you do?
AcuraLink me to restart the car to see if the light stays on or turns on again. If it is, then bring the car to dealership.
I did restart the car, and the light came off. If it occurs again, I will take it to dealership.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, this morning it happened again, has to be diagnosed by dealership.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brought the car to dealership this morning, they said the error code C1843-62 means LEFT DIFFERENTIAL FLUID PRESSURE DEVIATION. But they checked the fluid OK, no leak. and they tested the pressure 3 times, all OK. which means they could not find anything wrong. What they did is repalcing rear differential fluid and have me drive and monitor.

·
Registered
870 Posts
What they did is stick a bandaid on it and hope it heals itself. Good luck. Maybe the problem is the sensor, not the mechanicals?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After first repair by the dealership (replacing rear differential fluid), the error message poped up again, really annoying, the dealership now does repair based on guessing? I need to bring the car in for 2nd attemp. Just 6000 miles, Acura is now losing quality reputation.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Seems that there is an issue with the SH-AWD Diff.. Should be covered under warranty.
The new SH-AWD 3.0 requires Oil Pressure to apply the clutch packages (Vs 1.0,2.0 Electro Magnetic Clutch Control) so there seems to be an issue with Pressure in the Left Clutch package.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is under warranty. Just hope the dealership can find the exact cause of the problem, not by guessing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just before I arrived at dealership, the error popped up again, this time the dealer saw the error on the dash. Hope they can find something this time. Finger crossed.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I'm not sure of our SHAWD design, but in prior rear differentials from other Japanese brands, if we experienced a pressure problem, it was usually the result of a one-way check valve that was stuck or a bad solenoid if there was no leak. Replacing a solenoid would usually require a disassembly of the rear differential. I'm pretty sure we have one solenoid per left and right side, so I'm guessing that left one needs replacing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm not sure of our SHAWD design, but in prior rear differentials from other Japanese brands, if we experienced a pressure problem, it was usually the result of a one-way check valve that was stuck or a bad solenoid if there was no leak. Replacing a solenoid would usually require a disassembly of the rear differential. I'm pretty sure we have one solenoid per left and right side, so I'm guessing that left one needs replacing.
Thank you, neoshi, are you a Acura/Honda engineer?
My problem does not stay all the time, It happens occasionally, restarting the car will make the error message gone.
I am now waiting in the dealership to see what they are gonna say.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
No, just been around awd for some time (mostly Subaru though). I hope they find the problem and tell you what it is. I've been curious to see if this new design from 2016 has heat issues amongst other things.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No, just been around awd for some time (mostly Subaru though). I hope they find the problem and tell you what it is. I've been curious to see if this new design from 2016 has heat issues amongst other things.

They just told me it is the sensor malfunction. Hope it is not by guessing this time. They need to order the sensor today and have it replaced tommorrow.
What do you mean by the heating problem of the new design? Do you think it is a design defect?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
The way the clutches work pretty much all the time on this version make it more susceptible to heat. If it's just a sensor then that's good. Should mean nothing is physically wrong except a simple electronic piece. Not a design defect though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The way the clutches work pretty much all the time on this version make it more susceptible to heat. If it's just a sensor then that's good. Should mean nothing is physically wrong except a simple electronic piece. Not a design defect though.

I remember one time my error popped up just after quarter mile I drove the car in the early morning. The car should still be cold that time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Second attempt: the dealership replaced oil pressure sensor assembly (28660-50P-004).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts