Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new to the forum..
I have been looking into the MDX for quite some time.. and I have been searching for info on this site for a couple weeks..

I notice there are quite a few SF Bay owners, and alot of you have done mods to your X, just wanted to know if you guys ever meet to discuss and to show off your mods to eachother??

anyway, just wanted to say hi.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
We haven't :(

I'd be up for some easy offroading (aka no scratch risk). There's a place near Livermore; the link was in a prior thread.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yeah, it would be fun to get together and swap stories, install tips, etc.

Hey Edub, I've seen you over at the TL forum as well. I lurk there, but haven't posted.

There are a few MDXers who have done some big time mods. I have been pretty tame in comparison.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TheWorm,
Looks like you have done quite a bit on your X :cool:, I would love to check it out sometime..

Mark,
It would be good for a get together to share tips.. it definately helps others know what kinds of mods they want and what the outcome of it would be.. hehe.. :D yeah, I'm on the TL board all the time.. my wife sometimes gets upset at me cuz of it.. :)

btw, anyone have the real HID conversion done to their headlights yet?

The members from the TL/CL boards meet quite frequently to discuss mods.. actually, we are having one this Saturday over at the Micro Center parking lot in the AMC Mercado plaza this Saturday morning.. if you would like to come, you are definately welcomed.. the Acura family you know. ;)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hey Edub,
Yeah, I saw the info on the meet today. Don't think I can make though, unfortunately. My only mod is the 2001 cup holder added to my 2000 TL:D

As for the HID conversions on the MDX, I know that Xtreme MDX, a SF local, has done it. Would be good to check his out.

I would also be interested in seeing TheWorm's DRL kit.

Perhaps sometime in January would be a better time to organize something.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
MarkC said:
Perhaps sometime in January would be a better time to organize something.
I'd be up for that. I think Xtreme has the most tricked-out MDX locally and I'd love to see it. I'll bring my DRLs, tho :)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I am also interested

Meeting sometime in January sounds good. I would be interested in getting together, checking out each other's MDXs, and then letting drivers on the road ogle over our SUVs as we caravan to some destination.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Well, no mods for me unless you consider changing light bulbs :D Yes, count me in for the Jan meet with some light off-roading ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds good everyone.. Lets start looking at some days in January..

I'm thinking one of the Saturdays would be good.. but I'm out for offroading.. don't have an MDX yet.. :D

But the caravan idea is nice! :cool:

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
January 12th and 19th are no good for me. It is Pinewood Derby time for me and my son for his Cub Scout Troop and these are all day events.

What about the 26th?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Foster City is pretty centeralized I think.. Maybe the Bridgepoint shopping center off of the San Mateo Bridge? It has a nice large parking lot available..

Almost any day in January would be fine.. not sure of the 26th for me.. but the 12th or 19th work

And it doesn't have to be in January.. we could bump it to Feb so that it is far enough out to work better with everyone's schedule..

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
I could do the 26th.

Anyone have any ideas for a damage-free offroad locale? The only local one I know of is from a prior thread:

Carnegie (near Livermore)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Pleasanton

How about Pleasanton? It appears to be the most central location for the Bay Area, and would be approximately equidistant whether people are coming from Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Peninsula, or the North Bay. It is also close to Livermore if we do decide to go off roading.

I used to be a member of the Z car (Nissan) club and we used to get together there sometimes. There are plenty of places to meet.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Meet at Pleasanton :)

FYI if you are interested. There is a CL/TL meet coming up.

We would love to meet some folks from the MDX Bay Area, and see the mods that can be done on the MDX! :cool:

Here is the info..

so here it is:

Saturday, January 19th, 2002, 11am

Shannon Park and Community Center
11600 Shannon Avenue, Dublin, CA 94568

map zoomed in view

map zoomed out view

Directions on how to get here:

From the East:
Take I-580 W.
Take the SAN RAMON RD/FOOTHILL RD exit. 0.16 miles
Keep RIGHT at the fork in the ramp. 0.20 miles
Merge onto SAN RAMON RD. 0.96 miles
Turn LEFT onto SHANNON AVE. 0.09 miles

From the West:
Take I-580 E.
Take the SAN RAMON RD/FOOTHILL RD exit. 0.15 miles
Keep LEFT at the fork in the ramp. 0.17 miles
Keep RIGHT at the fork in the ramp. 0.15 miles
Merge onto FOOTHILL RD/SAN RAMON RD. 0.09 miles
Stay straight to go onto SAN RAMON RD. 1.06 miles
Turn LEFT onto SHANNON AVE. 0.09 miles

From the North:
Take I-680 S.
Take the ALCOSTA BLVD exit towards DUBLIN. 0.21 miles
Turn RIGHT onto ALCOSTA BLVD. 0.08 miles
Turn LEFT onto SAN RAMON RD. 0.65 miles
Turn RIGHT onto SHANNON AVE. 0.09 miles

From the South:
I-680 N.
Take the ALCOSTA BLVD exit. 0.21 miles
Turn LEFT onto ALCOSTA BLVD. 0.19 miles
Turn LEFT onto SAN RAMON RD. 0.65 miles
Turn RIGHT onto SHANNON AVE. 0.09 miles

You can find the thread at the TL forum at:
http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30215

Hope any of you can make it.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Sorry, I won't be able to attend. I'll be skiing at Tahoe that weekend. Looking forward to a fun and comfortable drive to the mountains in our MDX. :D It will be a treat for me since I usually don't drive it that much (my wife drives it 90% of the time).

Last weekend in January is still open though, if anyone is interested in getting together.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts