Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sure seems like a TON of folks from the San Francisco Bay Area are members of this forum. I'm curious who all here is from this area and what y'all do around here. Bay area members sound off!

I'm Barry. I live in Sunnyvale and I'm an SUVaholic (kidding). Among other things, my Wife and I run a small Cable TV business. How about you guys? :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm right next to you in Mountain View, Ca. I work at Stanford University in Information Technology providing streaming media services to the University community. I'm on a wait list for the 2003 model and over the last month or so I've started seeing more MDXs around Stanford. A lot more in the Bay Area.

The Cable TV business you run, is it by any chance Sun Cable?:)

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm in South San Francisco and I work for the FED.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
crete said:
I'm right next to you in Mountain View, Ca. I work at Stanford University in Information Technology providing streaming media services to the University community. I'm on a wait list for the 2003 model and over the last month or so I've started seeing more MDXs around Stanford. A lot more in the Bay Area.

The Cable TV business you run, is it by any chance Sun Cable?:)
Howdy neighbor! I waiting on the 2003 myself. Hopkins Acura I presume? Our cable business is actually part of a Mobile Home Park that we are half owners of (that's why I said "among other things") and is very small. Located over on Capital Expressway in San Jose. :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
bareyb said:

Howdy neighbor! I waiting on the 2003 myself. Hopkins Acura I presume? Our cable business is actually part of a Mobile Home Park that we are half owners of (that's why I said "among other things") and is very small. Located over on Capital Expressway in San Jose. :)

I've got a $1000. deposit with Hopkins for the 2003 Touring w/navi. Arlene and Mike are great to deal with. When I went on the test drive they actually let me go through mountains roads and even made sure I hit certain bumps along the way to test the vehicle's ride.

·
Registered
237 Posts
WOOF

Castro Valley, Highend Builder with to much time on his hands:25:

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
crete said:

I've got a $1000. deposit with Hopkins for the 2003 Touring w/navi. Arlene and Mike are great to deal with. When I went on the test drive they actually let me go through mountains roads and even made sure I hit certain bumps along the way to test the vehicle's ride.
Those were probably my skid marks you drove by on your test drive. I took a similar tour with Michael Andrews. Great guy!

·
Registered
147 Posts
DaleB said:

Those were probably my skid marks you drove by on your test drive. I took a similar tour with Michael Andrews. Great guy!
Did he point out to you the speed trap on the way down the hill... Driving with Arlene she told me to slow down under 30mph and sure as daylight a police car was there with a radar gun.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Marin County checking in. More and more MDXs are showing up North of the Golden Gate - purchased from all over the Bay Area- if license plate frames are an indication. I saw 3 on one street when driving around earlier in the week. Most frequently seen colors are Nighthawk, GG and SS then Redrock, a few Mesa Beige with a couple Havasus thrown in. Only seen one white one and one mahogany.

2002 SS w/Navi., protection package (forced), all weather mats. delivered 6/11.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am from Redwood Shores, has had our MDX since Nov. 2000.

·
Registered
44 Posts
From Milpitas

This is YH checking in ;)

We live in Milpitas but I'm working in Campbell for a small startup
doing embedded software development.

Just in my neighborhood (we live in a court) we see other 3 X's
day in and day out but none of them is white except ours.
:2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Tack on another for San Jose (Evergreen Area). There sure are a lot of people in the Bay Area with MDX's. Haven't seen Worm chime in. At this rate Dale will be out posting Worm by uh... tomorrow :D .

I'm an Electrical Engineer at a Semiconductor company in Santa Clara. I guess that narrows me down to a few hundred.

BTW I saw a GG at the Farmer Market at the Mirasu winery. From the looks of this GG, it must have had every accessory possible. Is that anyone here? I know it wasn’t Dale. It had the factory side steps (not Maniks). You name it, it had it. Body side moldings, fender flares, rear deflector, front deflector, sunroof deflector, the front bumper, tow hitch, and those defectors for each of the windows.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
OK chiming in :)

East Bay - Lamorinda.

I'm a management consultant (strategy, marketing, customer sat/retention). I usually just tell people "I help companies grow". Was a partner in a consulting co we sold a couple of years ago. Abandoned ship last summer and took a year off to play with our now-21-month-old. TheWife keeps reminding me that my year's up, but I haven't got my handicap into the single digits yet :8:

Messrs. Dow, S&P, Nasdaq and Russell, however, seem to be tellin' me the same thing lately (and louder) :28:

Hey -- anyone out there looking to sell a biz or take on a partner, I'm thinkin' about doing the small biz thing. Or, if your company is tanking and needs turnaround help, I can help you while you help me get Mrs. Worm off my back :)

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Emerald01 said:
BTW I saw a GG at the Farmer Market at the Mirasu winery. From the looks of this GG, it must have had every accessory possible. Is that anyone here? I know it wasn’t Dale. It had the factory side steps (not Maniks). You name it, it had it. Body side moldings, fender flares, rear deflector, front deflector, sunroof deflector, the front bumper, tow hitch, and those defectors for each of the windows.:rolleyes:
Were the BSMs the OEM or were they black and mounted high? If black and high, it mighta been Billmat (he's not active here anymore but was early on).

·
Registered
213 Posts
Daly City

Daly City is in the house! Work in Mountain View...

Wife drives the X and baby during the week. I get it on the weekends when I can pry the keys out of her hands...

Had a broker find me the car...couldn't wait anymore A/C in my other car gave out...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Wine Country has X'ers too!

Hi, bareyb! I live in Petaluma, and have a small vineyard in Sebastopol. The white 'X bomo saw may have been me on a visit to Il Fornaio in Corte Madera.

Up until May, I was employed as a Software QA Architect (meaning a QA Manager with business development responsibilites tacked on). I worked on Palm devices from the initial breadboard through m505's, and other wireless, c/s and Web apps. But the RIF wave eventually engulfed me, so now I'm just a vineyard tech author. (Want a sample? Really??? Then look here.)

As with all ORG members, I heartily invite you to come up for a visit. I'd be delighted to take you on a tour of Sonoma County wineries (or, if you wish, of artisan cheese, bread, or beer producers).

Enjoy your 'X!

--Marne

·
Registered
39 Posts
San Ramon in the east East Bay, but work in S.J.
Had our MDX a little over a year.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts