Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This'll be the placeholder thread for the album. Stay tuned. There were a lot of digital cameras!

Whetting your appetite, courtesy of Marne & Debbie:

Left-to-Right: amazent, Marne, SF-MDX, DaleB, BigDog, ra2dale, mgmdx, bomo, MDXLNT, mdxxxx, TheWorm

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK...we're gonna beta test a new gallery feature. Auto thumbnails and you can slideshow (manually) if you'd like. Apologies in advance, but I didn't do individual credits on the pics, as I comingled them when I did a resize & rename (whoops!). They were contributed by amazent, DaleB, marne and MDXLNT.

I have yet to add descriptions/captions. I'll ID people by handles rather than real names, in case anyone is "on the lamb". :)

Help w/captions and descriptions would be welcomed, along w/any additional pics. You can just post/attach in this thread, link to your own album, or email them to me for uploading to this album.

OK, enough of the prelude...I can't wait for the next meet, though! I know we're all repeating ourselves, but it was a GREAT event! :D

Gallery Main Page with Thumbs:

Click here for the Main Page with Thumbnails (this includes the group panorama and the groupshot @ J Wines, which aren't duplicated in the sections below).

Direct-to-a-section clickable pics (click on the pic to go to that section - won't necessarily be the same one as I've used for the icon; not to worry!)

Marne's vineyard:

J Wines winery tour and tasting:

Georgetown "old west" town and vintage auto collection:

Dinner at Sassafras:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Pix

Hey - Not a bad looking bunch!

The people don't look too bad either.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Nice view, seeing all the MDX's lined up.

Dinner looked good too...... wine, more wine, followed by some coffee.

:cool:

·
Registered
237 Posts
The pics came out great!

I think you can just caption them all with:

"Why we live in the Bay Area"

Mrs. Big Dog

·
681 Posts
What do you call

Great turnout. That's a lot of good looking Xs in one place.
Which raises the question - what do you call a group of MDXs ..... a gaggle, a school, a herd or what? My personal vote is for a Medley of MDXs just because I like the sound. Let's hear some other ideas.
Meep Meep

·
Registered
180 Posts
Re: What do you call

roadrunner said:
Great turnout. That's a lot of good looking Xs in one place.
Which raises the question - what do you call a group of MDXs ..... a gaggle, a school, a herd or what? My personal vote is for a Medley of MDXs just because I like the sound. Let's hear some other ideas.
Meep Meep
How about cluster, party, set, assembly, collection or my choice a bevy of.:)

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Excellent Photos......

Wait.. where is Tim??? He didn't show up? :2: :p

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Re: Re: What do you call

amazent said:
How about cluster, party, set, assembly, collection or my choice a bevy of.:)
I guess my technical background makes me partial to terms like group, cluster, or set. I like all three equally! :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
Tim was invited but we didn't hear why he didn't show. Hope he wasn't having tranny problems.

As far as the group name is concerned I was down with Roadrunner until he got to medley. I liked the manly animal group names like herd. I like bevy of and there were more than a set. Cluster I usually associate with another word, group is good. At first I thought there were just 2 or 3 Xs and the wine caused me to see multiples so I it is good that we have the picture memorializing the event. Whatever name you decide on there were a whole lotta Xs, a dealers dream if you know what I mean.

Re: the 9/28 trivia thread, my wife emailed me the answers this morning. I see Mrs. Big Dog posted a reply. You can tell it's a well rounded outing and well rounded group when the wives continue to be engaged.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Hey Worm,

If I didn't mention it before, Great Job on the gallery! :29: So when is this nissanmurano.org beta functionality going to be implemented on acuramdx.org?

Also, shouldn't this thread be moved into this MDX Meets (Past/Present/Future) section before it gets lost in the General Discussions area?

Just a suggestion. :cool:

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Roadrunner inadvertently may have named a group of MDXs -- a Meep! It certainly resonates with our forum. :18:

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Edub-MDX said:
Pics look great!!

I hope someday I'll be able to join you all at a future meet.. :)
I believe we are all looking forward to the next meet. Sooner rather than later.:4:

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
East Coast

Somebody has to organize a meeting like that in the NYC/Tri-State area. . .

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Looks like a good time was had by all. Any room for a new x owner (just delivered, TW '02 Tour w/ Nav. rear air deflector, splash guards all around, cargo mat, wheel locks, clear coat, and looking for a good drive) from Clovis (Fresno area, central valley) on the next trip? Would love to join in on one of these gatherings. When is the next one, and where? Thanks

BTW- no smilies with kilts, or bagpipes?:D

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Hullawtherr DaleB, mr. Clovis man to B
University Acura are tops. My sales rep, Scott was excellent, no pressure whatsoever. The supporting cast are very good too. Service Dept Shop is clean enough to eat off the floor. They also have a "Boutique" for the avid acura shopper.
They will be relocating, probably after the holidays as they just purchased property out a wee bit further, up on Palm in Fresno (better distance and traffic-wise for you and I.) City of Fresno is developing a high rent district for upscale dealers, they already have a new plush beemer dealer there, and a new, very good sushi bar in that neighborhood.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts