Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I use the navi system I have to push OK to get past the disclaimer (which I'd like to get rid of), then I change the display to "Heading Up" so the streets move as I do. I never use it in the other mode where its more like just a map. I desperately want to make Heading Up a default setting!

Please help if you have any ideas! THANK YOU

·
Registered
356 Posts
Every time I use the navi system I have to push OK to get past the disclaimer (which I'd like to get rid of), then I change the display to "Heading Up" so the streets move as I do. I never use it in the other mode where its more like just a map. I desperately want to make Heading Up a default setting!

You have to do this just once

I think you press the big knob, something says NORTH UP or something like that

click on it

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
North Up is currently the default setting. I want Heading Up permanently.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Its definitely on the map screem , push in big button,

I believe it is called HEADING UP

·
Registered
432 Posts
then I change the display to "Heading Up" so the streets move as I do"
Turn on navi, ok to disclaimer, push big button- you'll see heading up or north up. If u see north up, that means it's currently on "heading up" default setting. But once you push the button again, it will select the north up and that will be the default setting everytime u turn on the navi.

Short version- once u turn on navi and display says,
"north"= it's on "heading up"...do not change it.:headshake

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so it sounds like my settings are not sticking as defaults for next use. I know how to change between the Heading Up and North Up, but it always reverts back to North Up next time I turn on the vehicle.
Also, I have turned the Interface Dial setting to OFF before and next time I drove, there were the beeps.... errr.
I did buy the MDX used in May '10 and I think the used car dealership reset the navi settings.
Suggestions???

·
Registered
109 Posts
When you select Map Information from the Map menu, the Map information screen appears.
There you can select Always Heading Up.
On scales greater than 1 mile, this button is grayed out (North-up only mode).
Please see User Guide Page # 61 (Navigation System Manual)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't have the Always Heading Up option. :(
When I press the button in to choose Map Information it just has Heading Up.
This is rediculous... am I the only person with an '07 who hates North Up?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I wonder if you did set your key (#1 or #2) as one of the two available "user settings" on the door. Does either memory button indicator on the door on when you use the key?

Sound like you know (and did) set Heading Up, but it just doesn't stick so you are having to set it everytime.

Next time, after you set Heading Up, try to re-program your key, # 1 or 2, to the respective memory number setting to see if the Heading Up will stick.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Problem solved. I had a dealer service rep re-sync the key. Good call sprtent, thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Problem solved. I had a dealer service rep re-sync the key. Good call sprtent, thanks everyone.
I just bought 2007Acura MDX and this problem was killing me for a week. I didn't even know the keys are different. I am glad I found site and your comment. I tried the second key and voila all set. Thank you so much

1 - 11 of 11 Posts