Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 36K miles on my car and so far I only did the oil changes. I think I am due for big service where I have to change other oils.

Can anybody please tell me what other services are due at this time...I mean what kind of fluid changes...and if you have the price for those at Acura dealer that will be great.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Acura Maintenance Schedules | Acura Owners Site

You haven't supplied us with what year, what drivetrain, AWD or FWD, nor your locale. Pricing really depends on your region sometimes and the vehicle is supposed to have displayed maintenance minders when things were due. If you've ignored them, you may want to go back in the minder (if you haven't cleared them) to see what came up. You have already likely missed the differentials three times if you have a SH-AWD, engine and cabin air filters, the brake fluid should be coming up, I would recommend coolant but is likely not required, and that's mostly it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Acura Maintenance Schedules | Acura Owners Site

You haven't supplied us with what year, what drivetrain, AWD or FWD, nor your locale. Pricing really depends on your region sometimes and the vehicle is supposed to have displayed maintenance minders when things were due. If you've ignored them, you may want to go back in the minder (if you haven't cleared them) to see what came up. You have already likely missed the differentials three times if you have a SH-AWD, engine and cabin air filters, the brake fluid should be coming up, I would recommend coolant but is likely not required, and that's mostly it.
Sorry, here is some details.

2014 Acura MDX FWD with Tech Package. I am located in Orlando Florida.

So far I have not got any maintenance reminder other then just the oil change which I have already done at the Acura Dealer. All they told me last time is some of my fluids are getting dark and should be change soon. But nothing prompted by the car.

I am thinking of getting some of the things done next time when I go for oil change irrespective of the maintenance reminder from the car. So that is why I was asking what all is normally needed and approx price for those services.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do we check the maintenance minder? When I go to Acuralink message, Maintenance minder option is disabled. Is there any other way to check it

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Ok well FWD simplifies things quite a bit. Then you only have engine oil, brake fluid, coolant, and wiper fluid to care about. I'm not sure why your Maintenance Minder is off--wasn't even aware it could be turned off.

If your brake pads need to be replaced soon, I would recommend just changing the brake fluid then. If not, it's up to you, but most manufacturers like to recommend changing it every 2-3 years. If you brake pedal is getting soft, then air and moisture is getting in and should probably just replace the fluid now unless your brake pads are near the end.

I would do a drain and refill of the coolant, but it depends on your driving style and towing or not. Some people manage about 5 years without changing it.

Wiper as you need. Easy stuff.

Transmission fluid is also about every 30k as well if you drive in harsh conditions (I consider city harsh), but this one can be quite pricey even though it's as simple as changing motor oil.

Oh rotate your tires. Hopefully where you bought your tires does it for you for free.

And cabin and engine air filters as mentioned.

Prices wise I still maintain that you should call around to your local dealers unless others here are in your locale and can give you an idea. I'm not too versed with dealer prices since I DIY everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts