Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the 2003 service manual from Helm. The first time they sent the CRV manual. Now they have sent the MDX manual and the Civic manual. When I called, the girl said the civic manual was an add-on and part of the package.

Do I need the Civic or the CRV manuals?

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
For an MDX? Nope. Unless something changed for 03. Makes no sense.
Usually there is just the MDX service manual and a separate one for 'electrical' which is handy, but you can probably get along without it.
Has fotos though of component locations which is kind of nice.
Maybe they don't have a separate electrical for the 03s, but getting a Civic manual makes no sense at all, especially if you have to pay for it!
If it's free, then take it! Use it, or sell to someone with a Civic. Weird.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Service Manual

I ordered the 2003 MDX Service Manual last month and that's exactly what I got. The only detail missing was on the Navigation system, and I don't think that's in either the Civic, or the CRV manual.

Sounds like somebody at Helm goofed and can't admit it. Do you have a fireplace?

vcolangelo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Service Manuals?

I like to have the service manual for a car too. Can someone tell me where to order a good one? Is the one by Acura good or is there a good 3rd party one. Also can you get it on CD?

Thanks
Ted

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Go to www.helminc.com and order it.
It IS the factory manual. Aftermarket service manuals (if even available yet for the MDX) are not as complete or as accurate. Best to have the same one the Acura mechanic refers to when working on your vehicle.
I used to buy the smaller Chiltons, etc. for maintaining or fixing some old beater.
But for a modern sophisticated vehicle I would have the factory manual. Helm does have CDs but I am not sure for what.

·
3,109 Posts
Re: Service Manual

vcolangelo said:
I ordered the 2003 MDX Service Manual last month and that's exactly what I got. The only detail missing was on the Navigation system, and I don't think that's in either the Civic, or the CRV manual.
vcolangelo
I think that is a separate one: 2001-2004 MDX Navigation Service Manual Supplement

·
3,109 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hmm ... I considered getting it when I bought the other two, but decided against it. Sounds like it may be worth having.

·
3,109 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Service Manual, and Electrical Manual.

BTW: Just ordered the Navi manual .. intrested in taking a look at it.

·
3,109 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Service Manual

XStatic said:
What is in the suppliment?
It also contains all connector and pin definitions, circuit diagrams, schematics, symptom troubleshooting, as well as removal and installation instructions for each component. It is 69 pages.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Got mine in last night. I has really good info and detail, but I think it's a little pricey for it's size. Oh well, still nice to have it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts