Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and looking at getting a 2010 MDX soon. We're looking at a couple of them - one of them has 78,000 kms (48,000 miles). It's a one-owner vehicle and currently for sale at an Acura dealership. The CarProof on it shows a lot of service visits throughout the previous ownership. When I asked the dealership for the vehicle's service history, they provided me with it starting in 2014, which I'm guessing might be because maybe the previous owner only started taking it to that specific dealership in 2014? Anyway, looking at the service details since 2014, I see 4 entries titled "electrical system", one of which also says "repair". The other service entries seem pretty routine (eg brake flush; maintenance minder A / 3 / 6 service; fuel system, etc.). Having browsed this forum, it seems that there are some electrical issues, such as with the bluetooth system and the charging system.

Is there anything specific related to the electrical system or otherwise that I should look for or ask about before we decide whether to buy this MDX? Are there any upcoming recommended mileage/service intervals that I should try to get the dealership to do prior to a purchase?

Thanks!

-Harrison

·
Registered
345 Posts
Welcome Harrison

There are only two issues that I am aware of.
1) The HFL or otherwise known as Bluetooth module
2) AC relay burning out and staying in the open position.

Both of these issues will drain the battery if not seen to.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
When I purchased my 11 MDX used from a Honda dealership, Carfax had the entire service history listed on the report. You might want to see if the complete history is available from there?

I think Bluetooth module issue happened more with the 07-09 MDXs because the +10 MDX tech/Adv models have a different module with the added features of bluetooth audio streaming and phone contact uploading. Other electrical issues I've had was a firmware update on my MDX to correct a "Check Charging System" warning and took the MDX in for electrical checks (battery, starter, alternator, etc...) and the crappy OEM battery was the issue (new Interstate battery, zero issue since).

Since the MDX is +7 years old, you should plan to change all fluids, replace serpentine belt with tensioner, spark plugs, and filters to start clean if the service records are not complete.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.