Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have service experience with Lynwood Acura? I bought my '02 MDX from Hinshaw's/Fife, but Lynwood would be more convenient for service. Will they give you a loaner if you didnt buy from them? Specifically, I'm thinking of the (very) recent recall on the water pump.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
I've never been to Lynnwood's Acura. Acura of Bellevue has a decent service department. Make sure you are specific about what you want, and they will fill your need. However, I know in the past they did not always give loaners if you didn't buy the vehicle there, at least for routine, scheduled maintenance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Loaner anyone?

I recently bought an MDX from Acura of Lynnwood, and am scheduled to get the wheels switched to the factory touring wheels and get a ding looked at. As a loaner, they offered an Integra or an RSX. :28:

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Yeah, Acura of Bellevue loaners tend to be four-door Integras or RSX's too. For a while they had an ill-fated Daewoo dealership and had Leganzas. Not a particularly good deal, it'd be nice if they at least gave a TL as a loaner.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Right now, I'm typing up a very irate letter to Acura of Lynnwood because of lousy customer service on their part. We currently have an MDX that we just bought but they are still having problems getting a bank to approve the lease (HUH?). They paid off my wife's trade in but did not pay off my car as agreed. I'll post my experience on that tomorrow but needless to say, even if they resolve everything to our satisfaction, I would not do ANY kin=d of business with them again:3:

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Unfortunately, as the dealer ratings here show, Western Washington doesn't have the best Acura dealerships overall. The MDX's popularity nationwide and especially in this region seems to have brought out the worse in most salespeople.

Acura of Bellevue's service department is quite decent, though. Especially if you're specific about what you want. My wife has dealt with them and the service advisors have been attentive without taking that patronizing approach that some service folks do when a woman is there. One of their best service manages left a couple of years ago but they still seem to be good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Acura of Lynnwod

Ok, I couldn't wait til tomorrow?
On August 17th, we bought an MDX touring from them on a referral from Costco. One of the hooked up models w/NAVI but we opted to have the chrome wheels removed (Saved $1200). Even found that the salesman was a guy that I knew from my Active Duty Navy days (Small world!). Got a deal for about at or $500 below MSRP with a few extras got my wife's integra traded in and even had them pay off my 1994 Accord. We decided to lease, signed up through US Bank, got the keys to the X, and rejoiced.
A week later, we were notified that US Bank refused to broker the deal (So, this X is stolen!!!). The finance guy called and said that they were "pre-approved" by Wells Fargo and told us to come in to sign the paperwork (Lynnwood is a long way from Bremerton). We weren't happy but we were reimbursed for our trouble with a top off of the gas tank (It was already half full) and a car wash (The car was still wet afterward, I guess a few extra minutes after hours ain't worth a customer's satisfaction.). We thought that was the end of it.
Well, it wasn't. My wife's car was not yet paid off so I called the salesperson. So much that I made a pest of myself and called him on his cell phone after work. A little bit afterward, my wife's car was paid off but not mine. Then, today, the Finance guy called to tell me that Wells Fargo kicked back the paperwork to them because it had been calculated with the wrong tax rate (Pre-Approved!!!:32: ). Chances are, we are gonna have to go sign that paperwork, too! Makes me wonder WHO paid off my wife's trade in. I'll be calling Wells Fargo tomorrow before calling Lynnwood just to get my ducks in a row and see if they are lying!My wife was very irate, especially because she had called them, threatened them, asked for a call back and never got it but they talked to me as soon as I called them!!?? How patronizing.
As far as I'm concerned, if Wells Fargo refuses to broker this, they have a problem on their hands. I won't sign a ****ty lease through some other bank just to get the MDX, as much as I love it. And considering the hassle, Costco will be hearing from me as well as American Honda Corp (Just because service was exemplary pre sale don't mean I can't slam them post-sale). And if no bank brokers this, it's time to see a lawyer. Needless to say, I won't even consider recommending Acura of Lynnwood for service or sales, and I hope they and other Western Washington Acura dealers are reading this. :9:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts