Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Getting ready to change the serpentine belt on my mdx which has around 50k miles on it. If I got it right, this should be the correct part number, and it is listed $34.90 from Acura online store, Link to the belt, but it only costs $16 in amazon, just want to make sure I got the right part, thank you everyone.

Belt, Alternator (Bando) - Acura (31110-5G0-A01)

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
who is Bando? Unless you are buying from a dealer,I wouldn’t do it. Are you really going to risk it for $18?

·
Registered
32 Posts
The original belt will last 100,000 miles.I guess, $35.00 is cheap peace of mind,but unnecessary.The belt composition is much better than the old days, when You saw broken fan belts all over the road.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
who is Bando? Unless you are buying from a dealer,I wouldn’t do it. Are you really going to risk it for $18?
Bando is actually from the dealer online part website, maybe that's the manufacturer for the mdx suppertine belt

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The original belt will last 100,000 miles.I guess, $35.00 is cheap peace of mind,but unnecessary.The belt composition is much better than the old days, when You saw broken fan belts all over the road.
Yes, both are cheap, just trying to figure out are they the same thing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
If the price looks too good to be true, it usually is

·
Registered
190 Posts
If the price looks too good to be true, it usually is
BANDO is known to be the OE supplier to Acura/Honda. Rock Auto's price for Bando belt is less than $10, so are most aftermarket belts at RA. I don't think its price is too good to be true. Just the dealers' price is outrageouly expensive.

The same goes true for OE NGK spark plugs. RA price is $11.90/ea while oemacuraparts.com sells $38.90/ea. Is Rock Auto price too good to be true? I don't think so, exactly the same plugs.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thank you for sharing that information!
Sorry to the OP & others if my earlier comment misguided

1 - 10 of 10 Posts