Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the separation net to keep my 60lb dog in the back. Being the wiley fellow he is, he quickly found that he could squeeze past the side of the net and get up front -- where of course he wants to be! Yikes, dog hair in the cockpit! He's not small (about the size of a slim Lab) but ... where there's a will there's a way.

I feel that Acura did not design the net very well -- it would not have been hard to extend it further out to the sides. However, I understand that they had luggage, not dogs, in mind. So, I have been looking for a solution to this vexing little problem.

Today I went to REI and found a great little item -- very small bungee cords -- and they work great! They are called "Coghlan's 5mm Mini Stretch Cords" and you can buy them online here:
http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=10111827&parent_category_rn=4500446

Hope this helps you dog lovers out there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oops, I realized that I didn't quite finish the explanation! You attach one end of the bungee cord to the separation net, loop it behind the middle seat seatbelt anchor, and then attach the other end to the net lower down. Works like a charm (and does not appear to interfere with the seatbelt operation).

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
frankb3,

I look forward to the pics. I'm curious to see your bungee cord setup. :4:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's the picture:

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
This brings up an issue that my wife and I have been wrestling with ever since we plunked down the $1000 deposit for our '03 MDX. How do we keep our beagle from traipsing all over the car (but more disturbingly the front seat. Seems as if he likes to be in the driver's seat looking out the window.

There is the dog hair issue and obviously a safety issue. Has anyone used the dog seat belts out there? Do they work? Anyway to keep the interior clean? Help....

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Dog Kennel?:)

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
baliach said:
This brings up an issue that my wife and I have been wrestling with ever since we plunked down the $1000 deposit for our '03 MDX. How do we keep our beagle from traipsing all over the car (but more disturbingly the front seat. Seems as if he likes to be in the driver's seat looking out the window.

There is the dog hair issue and obviously a safety issue. Has anyone used the dog seat belts out there? Do they work? Anyway to keep the interior clean? Help....
www.ruffrider.com

We used it for our Golden in our other cars, tho now she's just in back w/the sep net. Too big to squeak through like frankb3's pooch -- she just kisses whoever's in the 2nd row.

highly recommended :29:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Great Tip !!! :29:

Thanks, it took my dog 3 times before he found that loophole.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts