Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been experiencing sensitive brakes lately... When I apply the brakes lightly, the MDX responds right away.Feels like a proportioning valve problem. Anyone experience the same?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Been experiencing sensitive brakes lately... When I apply the brakes lightly, the MDX responds right away.Feels like a proportioning valve problem. Anyone experience the same?
Only when I don't put premium in the tank :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
77 Posts

Just sensitive enough

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Which kind of rotors and pads did you get? Do slotted and drilled rotors stop better? I like the look a lot. So even if they work the same, I would go for the fancy look. Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a unique commute, 40 miles, its like 2.5 nurburgring's stretched out. But with extra hairpins, and more elevation changes. Speed limit is 55, but mostly 'unpatrolled'. They couldnt turn around to chase if they wanted to.
Got the set from 'heel toe' ill look the brand up when i get to Florida.
(23.6 mpg so far on premium)
Stop tech...
Been running them a year, not warped yet.
I like them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a unique commute, 40 miles, its like 2.5 nurburgring's stretched out. But with extra hairpins, and more elevation changes. Speed limit is 55, but mostly 'unpatrolled'. They couldnt turn around to chase if they wanted to.
Got the set from 'heel toe' ill look the brand up when i get to Florida.
(23.6 mpg so far on premium)
Stop tech...
Been running them a year, not warped yet.
I like them.
Nurburgring tuned suspension !! Gotta love that.

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Damn! How old are your calipers? Are you planning to replace this one with an OEM one, aftermarket, or rebuild it?
For some reason, the piston is heavily rusted... looks like original OEM... MDX is 08, so guessing 12 yrs old...I already bought used OEM caliper assembly from a 13 MDX online....I will do a postmortem tomorrow with plenty of pics...too tired now!!

·
Registered
2011 MDX Tech
60 Posts
WOW!!! Nicely Done with the drop. What springs & shock/strut combo you have there?
Ahhh, you noticed the drop eh?:D I just installed the coilover kit a week ago, still fine tuning the height and the adjustable shocks but I don't want to say much about the coilovers until I have tried them out for a month at least. If they are good, I will do a write up, if they don't live up to my expectations, I will make sure everyone knows they suck, just don't want people to dive into something untested. I will however say that the coilovers aren't cheap and you can expect to pay over $1200 for them. Installed them in my garage in under 3 hours including front and rear camber kits, new sway bar end links and urethane sway bar mounting bushings.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Rust belt car?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yikes, thanks for the update... the piston boot looks intact, but we can't see past it to confirm that the piston on that sliding side within the caliper housing is as bad as the inner cup that we can easily see... nuts that it can't be blown out with 120 psi

I've lost both dust shields in the rear brakes due to rust during the last brake pad change

1 - 20 of 30 Posts