Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, June 6th, a very important day in the history of the sphere we all share, Sen. John Kerry was the keynote speaker at my alma mater's 58th commencement. A student at Bedford High School wrote a letter to Sen. Kerry who was moved enough by the letter to want to speak at BHS's graduation. The ceremony was held @ Savage Hall which serves the Univeristy of Toledo basketball teams. Sen. Kerry spoke after all the other speakers who normally speak and then shook every kids hand as they crossed the stage and received their diplomas(approx. 400 kids). His speech was non-partisan and focused on President Reagan and his efforts against communism and the historical significance of the date today. He urged the graduates to do their part in service to this country. Overall, he kept his speech short and poignant given the date and President Reagan's passing, it should be noted again that Kerry's speech was completely non-partisan. He didn't even mention himself as a presidential candidate.

IMHO, I listened to the next president of our country speak to our future, the graduates, I hope they were listening.

P.S.-The Kickin' Mules is my HS's mascot. :D

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Just like you were wrong about the Chiefs last year, you are wrong once again unfortunately for you. GWB has this just about sawn up. And, that is not because he is great or anything, but because Kerry has absolutely no charisma or vision. Also the economy keeps on chugging along. So you democrats are out of luck.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Dear Keremoner:

You posted:

" GWB has this just about sawn up"

I do not know what is worse: Your prognostication or your spelling!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
mullysalt said:

IMHO, I listened to the next president of our country speak to our future, the graduates, I hope they were listening.
BTW - was Theresa there ? One of Kerry's potential downfalls could be the lack of an 'identifiable' 1st Lady. We all know she hails from blue-blood, silver spoon heritage, but can she be seen at Kerry's side shaking the hands of the masses and mingling with the common folk ???

·
Registered
129 Posts
Kerry

I just could not resist posting here. OK he did a nice thing for you by coming to speak. I like our form of government as no one party gets too strong--usually. However, I just feel safer when a Republican is in office. Yes, I usually end up in a place like Iraq when they are in power and so lately but I was proud to serve in Iraq and anywhere else I am sent. Liberals (even a vet like Kerry) loose their way. They are always fighting against some big conspiracy. As a Soldier and a leader I could not leave my boat crew months early due to a technical admin rule that allows a Sailor to leave war and crew early due to a sick call review of return to duty, apply band aide and antibiotic ointment.

How in the world did the young Naval officer know of this little obscure rule in Navy Regs? If elected I will no longer talk bad publicly about him but for now he used an obscure rule that he reseached and banked on to leave his crew and the war early. He comes home and bashes the country. Spits on his awards and tells me he has a vision. I want no part of that future.

You see that matches exactly this convention fiasco for delaying announcement to get some more benefical funding. Even if it looks stupid he will try it. A little too squirrley for me.

Glad you have convictions about the man--just be prepared for major disappointment and really think about Kerry and what he represents compared to the folks who formed our country. It was good of him to talk highly of President R. What else can he do?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts