Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Edith, it's got extra stuff on it.....

OK,
I'll bite.

It looks great and there are obviously a few additions. What can you tell us about them?

KOT!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dark Emerald Green MDX

Rentua...
The photos posted look like you may have had your front bumper painted to match the Fender flairs...is the photo deceiving or is my observation accurate? The rear view really shows a nice aspect of the Dark Emerald...sweet car!

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
One of these things is not like the other...

Front fascia is a different color -- check out the bumper -- looks grayish to me!

Chromed wheels.

I *think* there's some chrome going on up there on the roof rack...

What color is that car? black? emerald green? granite? Looks nice!

[oops, I type slower than MDXINFO; he beat me to it on some of those :)]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually those are the standard wheels. At the show, they put on special wheels and tires.
The body is Green and the Air Deflector is painted to match.
The Side Steps were painted Silver. And the Lower Trim was painted to match the front and rear bumper.
The pictures don't do it justice.
The emblems were painted a matte silver finish. And some of the headlights under the lens were painted.

·
Registered
197 Posts
looks great with those aftermarket rims! are those 18s? are those tires M/S rated?

where did you find the painted aluminum side steps??

thanks!

M

·
0 Posts
EXAUST SYSTEM

RC98 said:
looks great with those aftermarket rims! are those 18s? are those tires M/S rated?

where did you find the painted aluminum side steps??

thanks!

I AM INTERESTED IN THOSE PIPES. WHERE, HOW, & WHO?

·
Registered
84 Posts
About those wheels...

The first set of pictures with the MDX outside, the wheels are just stock Touring wheels.

But, those wheels on the MDX from the last pic from Rentua, are one of kinds. I've seen that picture before in some Car Mags and/or press releases. If you look at the basic configuration of those unique rims, you could make a good bet that those were prototypes of the Touring Wheels.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do I also see masked headlight lenses and possibly smoked taillights? And definitely cross-drilled brake rotors visible in back of the pic with the 19" wheels. Hmmmm....

·
Registered
242 Posts
DUAL EXHAUST!!!

I really really really really really need to get those dual exhausts. More info, PLEASE. Uh, oh yeah. Don't have my MDX, yet. Need to wait till March. Damn.

·
Registered
86 Posts
MDX @ SEMA from Honda R&D

Notice that the MDX SEMA has the 19" wheels taken off of the MDX Prototype. It looks like they painted the front and rear fascia with some matte grey finish to give it a more sporty look. Here's part of the Acura article from Oct. 2000 regarding the MDX at the SEMA show.....
['Tricked and Treated' Acura and Honda models highlight SEMA exhibit:
Acura is represented by the new MDX sport utility vehicle, fresh from
winning Motor Trend magazine's "SUV of the Year" award. The MDX is fitted
with Acura Accessory fender flares, front grille and roof rack. Unique
19-inch wheels and tires team with a custom coil-over suspension system and
dual exhaust to further differentiate the MDX. The interior is highlighted
by a mahogany steering wheel, shift knob and trim pieces.]

·
Registered
928 Posts
Oh....MY !!!!

Acura4Life likes !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dual Mufflers on SEMA Show MDX

Does anyone knows how/where I can purchase a pair of exhaust pipes (Dual Mufflers) as the one shown on the "SEMA Show MDX?" It was posted on Jan 12 by Rentua. Please reply back with any info avalaible.

Thanks,

FYRUSA

·
Registered
928 Posts
Rentua?

I'm interested in the Dual muffler and tails too !

Somebody hook us UP !
:D

Rentua ????????????????????????

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
16 Participants
laborlitigator
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing