Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year ago I noticed that the front passenger seat power tilting and heater wasn't functioning. The heater would automatic turn off after a minute or so, and the seat power tilting wouldn't lower the seat.

Yesterday, after washing and waxing the car, I tried to realign the seat so I press the switch to position the seat forward. Then I pressed the tilt position for the heck of it as I knew it wasn't working before. I was like WTF! It's working. I was ecstatic. Then I started the car to test the heated seat to see if it is also working. I sat down on the front seat, and turned on the heated seat. Voila! It worked too.

I don't know what gives...but I am ecstatic that it is working.:)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Might be a loose connection to the seat. You might check all the plugs to make sure they're tight, or wiggle them while moving the seat to see if it cuts out. Or just leave it alone!! Sometimes these things just work themselves out.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
My passenger seat heater would turn off randomly after 1-5 minutes of use. They replaced the seat heater pad under warranty and it has been 100% since. They had to take the seat apart and someone local with reupholster skills to put it back together. If it goes out again, the fix may not be worth the price.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm just going to leave the way it is. If it is malfunction again, I'll check the wires harness.

Yeah, I realized it was not worth it to repair. That was why I didn't bring the car to have the dealer diagnosed it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts