Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question regarding the MDX Touring with aftermarket security systems... I'd like the additional protection the systems provide and understand the Acura key fob would just not be used. That part is okay, however, I've talked to a number of installers in Memphis who sell Clifford, Viper and Python; all of them tell me the memory seat feature would not be available with those aftermarket systems.

Sure, security is more important than memory seats, but it seems a waste to not use that feature anymore. Anyone have experience with systems that can keep the memory seat feature?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info -- a Clifford installer even called Directed and asked the question and he was told no. Guess I need to print this out and take it to him -- I appreciate the fast response!

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Re: Looks like there is an option...

renov8r said:
... on the multi-channel Clifford units they specifically say this is a feature:

http://www.clifford.com/products/c_feature.htm#remoteseat
I was actually told no also, but I believe I have the multi-channel remote on my solaris clifford. I will have to check with my installer. One dealer told me that the memory seats are controlled thru the acura computer and that the clifford remote cannot access the acura computer, but maybe they have modified so it can. Does your clifford remote control the memory seats and mirrors? And how do you activate, what buttons do you hit to do what?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm even more confused now. I talked to more installers in the Memphis area and even showed them the Clifford printout.

They continue to tell me this is absolutely NOT and option with the MDX. Seems strange to me...

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
GtownMDX said:
I'm even more confused now. I talked to more installers in the Memphis area and even showed them the Clifford printout.

They continue to tell me this is absolutely NOT and option with the MDX. Seems strange to me...
What do you mean by not an option? are you referring to the aftermarket alarm or the stock alarm?

·
Registered
6,809 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don't have the touring model, so I can't test. But does the memory seating (the buttons on the door panel) work all the time, or only with key in ignition?

I looked at the schematic, and those buttons, when depressed, contacts ground. So if the aftermarket alarm could send neg pulse, it should work (assuming those memory seating buttons work all the time).

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
robert99b said:
I don't have the touring model, so I can't test. But does the memory seating (the buttons on the door panel) work all the time, or only with key in ignition?

I looked at the schematic, and those buttons, when depressed, contacts ground. So if the aftermarket alarm could send neg pulse, it should work (assuming those memory seating buttons work all the time).
I almost certainly they work all the time, but I'll double check. I thought that my installer said he could hook it up if I wanted, but didn't opt for it on install because I'm the only driver my wife has her own car.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Rail said:
They work when the MDX is in park. You can simply push the button when you get in the car.

Rail
Correct will only work in park, in case you hit the button by mistake while driving it could cause you to have an accident. Has to be in park and doesn't have to have ignition turned forword I believe. It's cool because if a valet or dealer tech changes the seats and mirrors. When you return you hit memory 1 and everything goes to your settings. I use memory 2 to move the seat all the way forward should I need more room in the back seat for fun.:eek:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
paul123 said:

What do you mean by not an option? are you referring to the aftermarket alarm or the stock alarm?
Aftermarket alarms -- the installers I've spoken with that sell Clifford and Viper state their is no way to interface the Acura memory seats (like on the key fob) to their aftermarket alarms. Even after taking in a print out from the Clifford web site, I was told the site was wrong.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
GtownMDX said:

Aftermarket alarms -- the installers I've spoken with that sell Clifford and Viper state their is no way to interface the Acura memory seats (like on the key fob) to their aftermarket alarms. Even after taking in a print out from the Clifford web site, I was told the site was wrong.
I'll check with my installer, I have a feeling it can be done but may require an additional unit to be installed in the door to activate the memory. It is probably true what I mentioned that the memory seats are controlled thru the acura computer, which only the acura remote can access, the clifford can access that computer. But there may be a way to overide it, but will have to see the cost may be to much and not worth it. I'll get back to you guys to hear what my personal installer says. It's not a big deal even if we can't access the memory seats thru the remote that wasn't that important a feature. The Clifford has so many other benefits that is a small one to loose!

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Factory alarm & Clifford

You guys were all able to integrate the Clifford and the factory alarm to arm and disarm thru the Clifford remote. I hope everyone has that done at this point!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts