Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We purchased a 2002 MDX about a year ago, and love it. However, just within the last couple of weeks, the security alarm has gone off twice for no reason. Both times the MDX was in the carport with no one around. Has anyone else had this problem?
Also the car seems to lock itself quite often, usually an hour or so after I have gotten out of it. I have deliberately made sure all doors are unlocked, and then go to check it later and it is locked. This does NOT happen all the time though. I feel like something is wired wrong or some such thing, and thought I'd get better info from this board than from calling the dealer. There is nothing in the owners manual (that I can find) that addresses either of these situations.
Thanks! I've lurked on this board since we got the MDX, and enjoy reading all the messages.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Had similar problem with 93 Intrepid I sold to get my X. Doors would unlock while I was driving, weird. The horn would sound while car was parked in the garage. In fact, one day the neighbors all came running to make sure we were OK. Had to take it to my trusty mechanic. You may have to go to your dealer unless someone on here can help. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
greatscot said:
Had similar problem with 93 Intrepid I sold to get my X Doors would unlock while I was driving, weird. The horn would sound while car was parked in the garage. In fact, one day the neighbors all came running to make sure we were OK. Had to take it to my trusty mechanic. You may have to go to your dealer unless someone on here can help. Good luck.

LOL! We live in the country, so the noise really doesn't bother anyone, but I have recently spent time with my daughter and new baby (I'm a grandma!), and I shudder to think about how that noise would go over in her nice, quiet neighborhood. I imagine I'll break down and call the dealer, because I bet something is just wired wrong. When the doors lock and I don't know it, and I grab the door handle to open the door, shouldn't this set the alarm off? It doesn't. I sure hate to admit that my wonderful MDX has a boo boo!

·
Registered
2,738 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yep

It happened just last week to our 01. :( My wife was at work and heard it. Just like you nobody around it, nothing appeared abnormal. I hope it was a fluke of some sort as the MDX will be in hotel parking garages this weekend where we won't be able to hear it.

Niles

·
Registered
595 Posts
Are we talking about after market alarm?

If yes.. it might just be a lose wire of some sort.

It happens when they instale the alarm, they didn't tie everything and done a messy job..

Most of the almarms can be adjust to lock or unlock 10-30 min after the door is closed.

Also depend on what kind of sonsor you have it might do different thing too.

:1:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TYP said:
Are we talking about after market alarm?

No - the alarm was already installed when we bought the car (and it was new when we got it). We've had the car for a year,and this has never happened until now - I mean the alarm-going-off part. It has locked itself off and on since we got it. I guess a trip to the dealer is in order. :(
Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
mdxxxx said:

greatscot! You didn't! :eek: :D
You're right, I didn't
Here's the green "haunted" machine:

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts