Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove my mother's Accord on an extended trip a few weeks ago, and the seatbelts were really annoying me. Just wondering if anyone notices this on the MDX before I get mine. Her belts seem like they are tensioned too tightly. It seemed that every time I exhaled, the belt would tighten around my chest, and I was constantly having to pull it away. Maybe I was being neurotic, but it was driving me crazy!

BTW, I drive a 3 series BMW and obviously like the way the belts behave in it. I know my car has automatic tensioners, and I'm fairly certain that all late model cars come with them now, but I could be wrong. In an accident, they basically explode a charge that winds some cam VERY quickly to take any slack out of the belt and tighten it up to your chest. I'm not saying that my belts are kept really loose, either. They sit against the chest, but do not pull any tighter as the occupants shift around.

Anyone notice this on the MDX? thanks

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I have not had any such problems with the MDX. There is an adjustment on the pillar where you can adjust the height of the belt coming accross your chest to maximize comfort.

Funny that you would mention your BMW. My wife has the same problem you describe with the passenger side seatbelt tension in her 530i. We will have it adjusted at the next service interval.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts