Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Xer's-

Saw some of these threads early on when I was researching the vehicle. Noticed today we have several on each side pillar ! Any of you die hards come up with a nice looking solution or do they sell something that covers this area
:confused: Thanks

'02mesa beige /touring
locks/muds/cargo tray

·
Registered
470 Posts
yep, here's my fix:

go to your dealership where you purchased the vehicle, and report the problem to the service department manager. my dealership replaced each pillar under a 'good faith' service. now, me and the wife are super careful when releasing the seatbelt.

seriously, try and have this problem addressed with the service department and have it properly logged in the system.

good luck!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have accidently created a couple of nicks due to my own carelessness so i have not taken it to the dealer, but I did find a pretty good solution. First buff the nicked area with a terry cloth sprayed with armor all, or you can use the armor all wipes, wipe the area a few times, this will often lessen the appearance of the nick, then if the nick is still bothersome looking use a felt tip marker that matches your interior color and gently color the scratch. If you find the right color marker you will probably never notice the nick was ever there.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a few (fortunately, very few!) cicks in pillars...(01Mesa Beige, arrived mid-March, 15K on it).... I haven't done anything about it yet, BUT did go to a custom auto trim shop, and looked into getting pillars upholstered... matching vinyl (or leather)... can be done, would cost about $150. Might be more "permanent" fix than new factory pillars.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Replaced at no charge

Yep - the dealership replaced mine, no questions asked.

MB-

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great!!

Thanks for your replies x'ers I will keep them in mind!

'02 Mesa Beige/touring
locks/muds/cargo tray
ss maniks
from Tim-
front air deflector
window guards
moonroof deflector
weather techs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts