Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to hit my seat memory 2 button like 20 times to get it to my setting, little by little with each push of the button. So annoying.
Anyone else? What do I do?

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
My 11 MDX Adv does the same thing occasionally. What I've noticed is the the issue starts with that and moves to the memory seat button not lighting up or the steering wheel not moving for easy in/out. For me, it is all related to the low voltage of the battery. Always works 100% when the battery is at a normal charge. The same issues slowly start to return when voltage starts to drop (I don't drive the MDX everyday).

I would check the battery voltage %, charge it, and see if the issue resolves itself. Might be a warning shot to look into a possible battery replacement and/or a power drain somewhere.

·
Registered
2011 Acura MDX Advance
78 Posts
Had this problem on my 08 MDX. I recall it having to do with one of the side mirror motors/regulators. If the side mirror stops moving, the whole system craps out and you have to do that button press a million times.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
The most reason is one of the mirror actuators (or both). When one of the items returning to memory position is having trouble, the program stops. It's usually the actuator on the mirror that you have turned on to go down when backing up (in my case, it's the right one), because with time the lubrication dries out. Sometimes you can fix it by re-lubricating the actuator. You can do it by removing the mirror itself (a good chance of breaking it) or trying to spray liquid silicone into behind the mirror (helped me).

If this doesn't work, you can buy a new actuator.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I typically hold the button down until it finishes instead of hitting it once at at time. Although, once the driver's mirror was stuck from the backup down mechanism and had to give it a good finger push to get it moving again.

Will try the silicone lubricant though...thanks AcuraAddicted.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Had this problem on my 08 MDX. I recall it having to do with one of the side mirror motors/regulators. If the side mirror stops moving, the whole system craps out and you have to do that button press a million times.
i have the same year 08, same problem & same fix, mirror actuator

·
Registered
33 Posts
Same with my 08. Replaced both mirror activators. Was easy to do. Shipped around for best price, definitely not my local Acura dealer

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have to hit my seat memory 2 button like 20 times to get it to my setting, little by little with each push of the button. So annoying.
This is a well known problem in 2nd gen MDX. The solution for this is to replace the mirror motors. I replaces mine couple years ago with
76210-STX-H03Actuator Assembly
they cost about $33 each. I got them from OEMpartsoursce.com

Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If one of your mirrors is only partially working -- say after reverse, it doesn't fully return to original position -- try manually manipulating the mirror by moving it with your hand. Push it down, up, side to side a couple of times and see it the problem is resolved. It worked in my situation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts