Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winters coming and I'm really worried about my leather especially when the rain season hits. Im not to keen on the sheepskin covers.
Could anyone recommend some seatcovers that I could consider & look into purchasing. thanks!

·
Registered
616 Posts
MDX31 said:
Winters coming and I'm really worried about my leather especially when the rain season hits. Im not to keen on the sheepskin covers.
Could anyone recommend some seatcovers that I could consider & look into purchasing. thanks!
Funny you should mention seat covers. I have been looking for a seat cover for the REAR seats on the MDX ever since we bought it (18 months ago). I have contacted every retailer I could think of and no one makes fitted covers for the rear seats of the MDX. I even obtained the name of a seat cover manufacturer from Mac Neil/WeatherTech (edit: I checked my notes and it was actually AutoSport ) and spoke to a receptionist who took my suggestion/request but I have never heard back from her. The closest I could find have been these from Drs. Foster & Smith. They are a nice cotton duck material and the khaki color matches the tan interior almost perfectly. The only problem is that the rear bench seat of the MDX is 56" wide and the only widths they offer are 48", 54" and 60". Hoping that the actual product might be more generous than the measurements we ordered the 54" and NO, it wouldn't fit. Still debating whether to try the 60" and live with the loose fit - it would make it easier to slip off to pull the 40 split forward for access to the rear.

They also make a standard bucket seat cover that *could* work on the front seats of the MDX - but I do not believe that they are slotted to allow the side air bag to deploy (although, given the somewhat questionable quality of the seams, the airbag would probably blow right through the cover).

Tim, if you are listening, do you have any suppliers that could come up with fitted seat covers (at least for the rear)?

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
MDX31 said:
I would recommend Wet Okole Seat Covers. They are made of neoprene and will protect your leather seats. Try http://www.wetokole.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts