Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen only some discussion about seat covers. Anyone have any experience with Wetokole's? I've searched the net and they seem to be the best solution (custom fit) but it's made of Neoprene which might not be great for the leather (cant breath) although they claim will not cause any damage to the leather seats.

Really want them to protect the backs of the front seats from my kids dirty feet as well as protect the second row bench from whatever mess they can conjur up.

Thanks for your responses....

http://www.wetokole.net

I am attaching a picture of an actual seat for the X. Naturally the color choices are optional. This one is definitely not me!

Attachments

·
Registered
653 Posts
Hey good point, my kids are always kicking the back of my seat (although i think they are aiming for my head :2: ).

Seriously though I am waiting for delivery for my new x :D , should be here Feb 24 - feb 26 (so I'm told :confused: ). Anywhoo, I wanted to get some seat covers for the second row as well.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
the photo looks it fits MDX perfectly. But ........... I won't get it if that is the only choice.... :3:

·
Registered
3,761 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I haven't taken delivery of my X yet, but I have a set of Wet Okole seat covers in my MR2 turbo:

As you can see, the fit is great. Many people think they are aftermarket seats. There are a wide variety of color options, from mild to wild :) I went with the blue because it matches the color scheme I went with in my engine bay:

I've been very happy with the seat covers, and would recommend getting the optional neoprene care products, like the sunscreen and wetsuit shampoo.

Hope that helps,

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
TheWorm said:
. . . bob - were you thinking a red print instead? :D
These things are wild, do they come in Tartan? If so, what Clans?
:2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had them on my Jeep front and back seats and was very happy with them. The color combinations are endless and you can really change the look of the vehicle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any comments about whether sitting on the Neoprene is hot? I would think it might be very unfortable.

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Bob,
Sitting on the Neoprene is much like sitting on cloth seats. If it's a hot day, you will still sweat, but they aren't cold in the Winter and hot to the touch in the Summer like leather is, particularly black leather. They are also waterproof, which makes it easy to clean up spills and messes.

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
If anybody wants seat covers from Matrix or even an entire adjustable raceing seat replacement from Matrix I have contacts to dealers. Just find the model you want online and give me the information and I'll get you what you want, wholesale cost. I've seen them myself and it is top quality.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Pics of the seat covers I have in stock.
My sister has been driving with the Leopards for some time now in her Explorer. The Hawaiin is the hottest new style.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
I'll take a couple of the leopards skins. . .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Okole prices ?

Is the price for the second row seats the stated price of
$249, or is it a custom job? How hard are they to put on or remove?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
476 Posts
bobisevil said:
Seen only some discussion about seat covers. Anyone have any experience with Wetokole's?

BEWARE---putting anything over the seat like a seat cover is going to create real safety issue re deployment of the side airbags. This is noted in the owner's manual and should be considered. Was it just 03 that there were side bags?

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Side airbags on all X's since inception.

I like the leopard ones; they match my underpants :D

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
The 01 & 02 has side air bags as well. I've seen the side air bags deployed and they are the size of very tiny kneck pillows. I'm not sure if they have any other function then giving Acura prestige and another bullet under safety. The better choice for side protection are curtian air bags.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wet Ocole seat covers

I am looking for my 'X front seats covers. There are a lot of threads mentioning Wet Ocole. They sure look nice and high quality. My question: how do they feel in the hot summer day. In one post the member said they will feel hot, but not as hot as black leather. Seems that Nylon-Neoprene combination is not breezable.
Could anybody share the summer driving experience with Wet Ocole?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts