Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone driven both that can verify if the seats have changed? I drove a 15 late last year and recently a 16, seems like the seats were harder and less compliant in the 16.

If there is a site that has 2016 parts I guess that would work, as part numbers would likely change if the seats or seat cushions did.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Advance versus non Advance trim?
I had the same thoughts, but I'm positive I didn't drive the Advance because the passenger seat had no lumbar when my wife took her turn.

To me it seems like the cushioning material has changed, it almost felt like memory foam before, where now it felt like a standard automobile cushion.

Anyone have a link to an online parts catalogue? I have found a bunch for accessories but not for parts.

Other than that, the 2016 felt like am improvement to me. Acceleration felt effortless with the 9spd, and the car felt smaller on the road than I remember. Of course, I've been driving a rental Ford Explorer for a week, so that may have been why the car felt smaller. That Explorer sucks BTW, I cant believe people pay 40k for those things.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a site with part numbers acuraautomotiveparts.org, and verified that the cushions are different in the Advance model, but do not vary between 2014 and 2016. My guess is the differences are due to the seat ventilation.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Yeah, in the ADV model, the seat ventilation definitely makes the seat harder because of the added vent panel. Drove both a 15 and 16 back-to-back and there was no difference for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Seats in ADV package are perforated leather. Personal preference is for solid leather since they seem to last longer. We had perforated leather seats in our 03 MDX and they started ripping after 6 years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts