Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
My wife has the issue of a tight assigned parking spot in a garage at work. It is just everyone has a 4-door Ford/Dodge/Chevy truck that take up their entire parking space (most park half-ass because the vehicles are so long and it is a tight turn). It helps my wife is 4'11" to squeeze out the door and we have auto fold mirrors on our MDX and RLX.

Could the scratches come from folks exiting their vehicles loaded down with stuff and brushed against your MDX?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I wrapped my wife's RLX in XPel Ultimate PPF because of her tight parking situation. It has self healing properties in the sun with scratches. You would just have to leave your MDX in the sun and those scratches would disappear.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I've been told you can add ceramic coating on PPF; but, you can't add PPF on top of ceramic coating. My MDX is Suntek PPF from the hood forward, rear bumper, side mirrors, and ceramic coating everywhere else. I really like my CQquatz Finest ceramic coating. It is a PITA to keep pristine because you need to use damp to wet microfiber everything if you touch the surface to wash or spot clean (keep a spray bottle with ceramic soap and microfiber for bird droppings or bug guts). Anything dry rubbed against the ceramic coating WILL scratch it way more than the regular clear coat.

I would check with the installers that do PPF or wrapping since most use water/soap to activate the film and ceramic coating is hydrophobic and repels water and it might keep the film from curing properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts