Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 MDX Advanced has scratches on the front face of the glove box from the previous owner. Has anyone had any success ordering the front face of the glove box and installing it? The part is about $300 but I've been told the labor cost to install is high. Alternatively does anyone know any good Acura interior/detailers in the Boston area?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I replaced the front face of mine several years ago. It is very easy to do. Even for a total beginner it should only take a few minutes to swap out with the old one. Where did you get the $300 quote? Pretty sure I got mine from Bernardi Honda online (they are based in MA I think) for around $80. Looks like $115 now at Bernardi. Make sure to get the right color.

Now that I'm thinking more about it, I think the labor cost may come in regarding the lock that is set to your key. I solved for this on mine but can't remember what I did. Call Bernardi and ask them if the new box comes with a locking mechanism or if you're required to move the locking mechanism from your old box to your new box. Maybe others remember and can comment...

BOX ASSY., GLOVE *NH690L*(PREMIUM BLACK)
Part Number: 77500-STX-A01ZE
Qnty / Price: 1 units @ $115.54 ea

·
Registered
34 Posts
Now that I'm thinking more about it, I think the labor cost may come in regarding the lock that is set to your key. I solved for this on mine but can't remember what I did. Call Bernardi and ask them if the new box comes with a locking mechanism or if you're required to move the locking mechanism from your old box to your new box. Maybe others remember and can comment...

BOX ASSY., GLOVE *NH690L*(PREMIUM BLACK)
Part Number: 77500-STX-A01ZE
Qnty / Price: 1 units @ $115.54 ea

Can't speak for the MDX, but I replaced the glove box door on my Audi and the lock mechanism was very easy to move over to the new door.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Based on what you reported as the high labour cost of replacing just the face, I wonder whether a used glovebox in its entirety is a better option. It is super easy to remove and install - my 9-year-old daughter removed it to install the cabin filter reinstalled the glovebox easily. With the face replacement, you are now dealing with having to transfer the locking mechanism and any additional labour costs may negate your savings. I just called one of our local auto wreckers in the Toronto area and if they had the 2G MDX in stock they said the entire glovebox in its entirety can be had between $75 - $100 CDN used. The challenge is finding the matching colour

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for the ideas! I like the notion of not having to replace the locking mechanism and to replace the whole glovebox in its entirety. Will keep you posted!.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.