Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a scratch on my front bumper that's driving me nuts. Any solutions would be strongly appreciated.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Try ScratchX

I had the same problem with the side of my car. I had run by some branches, and they had left a fine scratch on the Passenger door. I tried ScratchX from Meguiar: www.meguiars.com, and it took off almost the entire scratch. I think you can find it in Auto Supply stores as well.

I do strongly recommend the product. But make sure to wash you car, and get rid of any dirt and dust before using it.

Ootyboy

·
Registered
154 Posts
About six months ago my wife scratched the right corner of my front bumper against a big pile of concrete in a parking lot. I knew about some company like Dentwizard, but specialized only in minor scratches, After some research I found this company in the south and the west coast, but unable to find anything similar in the east coast, I even called Tim, but no luck. Finally I was refer to Colors on Parade which fixed the scratched. I highly recomended. The car looks like new again without having to paint the whole bumper.
The color on parade web site is made only for people looking into their franchise. I called my dealer and they refer me to another dealer where Colors do work for them.
Here is a link that can give you an idea of what they do. I was not able to get any info from then when I contact them.
http://www.altracolor.com/index.html

·
Registered
79 Posts
Will possibly work

ScratchX will only work with minor scratches that are not very deep. A 4" gash might require professional service.

Ootyboy

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Scatches are EXPENSIVE!

I had the "privilige" of having the left rear bumper scratced the other day:mad: My wife was driving and sitting in an overcrowded Post Office last Saturday April 13 while we mailed my favorite uncle a big check:(

There were no available spaces so several cars including our X was double parked. I was in the line, my wife was in the car watching traffic movement. A lady in a Lexus ES300 (not watching) backed into it deeply scratching the bumper in several places. No structural damage, just 4 deep scratches. She agreed to have it repainted which we just did.

John Eagle Acura's Collision Center happens to be an AllState preferred body shop so we went there (both us and the lady were insured by AllState).:cool: Which is cool:cool: besause she wanted us to us such a place and we bought it there.

Bottom line: the bumper had to be removed to buff out the scratches and be repainted to math the rest of the car. $422.04 to fix 4 deep scratches less than 4 inches long. And the price would have been the same if were only one!:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts