Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was driving my X and noticed a scratch on the RPM gauge between the 6.5 and the 7000 lines!!!! You can not notice it in the day time only when the lights are on.......What the F-!!!! Man was I pissed.....so now I have to bring it into the dealer........oh well at least I get to take my frustration and anger out on the Dealer's little RSX loaner car while I drive it like an MDX!!!!!! Hehehehehe!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Gauge Scratch

If the scratch is on the clear covers its not uncommon, especially if someone other than you clean the interior with a rough cloth, i.e. car wash places.

Do a search for gauge scratches, there are several threads with suggested methods/cleaners to repair the scratches. I have some myself and just haven't gotten busy to take care of it since it is my wife's MDX and I rarely get to drive it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Do not allow the dealer to give you an RSX for a loaner!!!
At the very least it should be a TL...preferrably an RL!!!

Do you think if you buy a top-of-the line Lexus and have to have it serviced, they are going to give you a bottom-of-the-line as a loaner?

I have had mine in for service twice, for a clicking sound. The first time they loaned me a TL, (admittedly not the S-type, though) and the second time I drove an RL (it was a year old).

The dealer has the loaner cars there, and you can bet if you say something, you will get your way.....or at least, you should.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The scratch is on the RPM Gauge (literally) behind the plastic cover.....I think the only way to repair this is to pull the gauge and replace.....when I get a chance I'll post a digital pic of it for everyone to see!

David M
You are right....I never thought about it before...I just thought the RSX was standard issue as a loaner.....I need to yell and kick alittle harder especially with a 2 year old.....try fitting a baby car seat and my self (6.2 and 265 Pounds!!!!) in an RSX......Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts