Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my X for about a month. Was rinsing it down in a U-Wash tonite (has yet to see soap) and noticed that my chrome tail pipe was scorched.

Standing behind the vehicle, there is a noticeable burn ring, around the right chrome extender. The scorch mark circles the tail pipe about half way up the chrome extender.

Any one else had this problem? Aside from going to the dealer, any ideas for removing this scorch mark?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Otherwise, have enjoyed this vehicle immensely. Keep thinking of reasons to get in and drive it:D

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Formula 100 stainless steel cleaner and polish (a spray) works like a dream - without any abrasives.

·
Registered
96 Posts
There's a product called "Blue Away" that work's well at removing the heat discolorations from metal and chrome. You can get it from car parts places, motorcycle shops, and believe it or not, mail-order golf supply stores (it's used to remove the heat marks after you re-shaft an iron or metalwood). Note - it might just be a metal polish, packaged in a smaller bottle, for more money - but it works well. ;)

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I'd use Bon Ami before I'd use Comet -- it scratches far less than Comet. I think I'd go for a polish before I tried anything else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
Acura3
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing