Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a way Satillite radio can be installed without using the cassette tape as the input device. Could using the AUX be an option. I getting the Nav and RES options:15:

How is the quality of the BOSE system?
Do the tilt mirrors when in reverse work well?

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Yes, most also have an FM modulator option.

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8345&highlight=satellite+radio

You can also get a adapter such as the Blitzsafe.

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8463&highlight=blitzsafe

The quality of the Bose leaves something to be desired IMHO. By doing searches you will find many modifications have been done from changing out the speakers, to adding amps.

The side mirror 'tilts' when you put the MDX in revesrse. So you can see the 'curb' easier. I don't quite understand your question. Of course, the mirrors can be moved around anytime for adjustments. The auto tilt is a fixed angle. I believe the O3s tilt both mirrors, on the 01 and 02 only the passengers mirror tilts in reverse.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just had the Sony DRN-XM01R2 XM Satellite receiver installed in my MDX. The installation fits nicely in the opening under the radio and this version connects directly to the antenna for the radio. No cassette adapter.

The guy that did the install cut a little hole in the rubber mat to accommodate the receiver. I am extremely happy with the hardware and the service. Once people try satellite radio out, it is not going to take long for it to proliferate.

·
Registered
32 Posts
XM on '03 MDX

Is this the unit designed especially for the MDX? Was it installed by the Acura dealer? It seems that it would be difficult to install the satellite antenna on the roof.

·
Registered
335 Posts
There is (supposedly) an Acura dealer-installable XM radio unit coming, but I do not believe it is out yet and noone seems to know much about it. The XM radio site I believe has a quick mention of it. Curious to know myself what's up with it... :confused:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Looks like XM radio will be going for alittle bit longer, it just got some extra financing from creditors. No word yet on Sirius and whether or not it will last until next year. Seems like the safe bet now, is to go with XM.

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
I haven't heard anything about it recently, it was planned for spring, which is rapidly turning into summer........

The one for the Pilot, and the one for the Accord have been released, but nothing for the MDX yet that I know of :3:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Fellow MDX'ers from Yahoo finance section:

NEW YORK, May 14 (Reuters) - Subscription radio broadcaster Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. (NasdaqNM:SIRI - News) on Wednesday posted a first quarter net profit, aided by the the elimination of most of its debt, and said its subscriber numbers jumped sharply.

ADVERTISEMENT

Sirius, which last year launched a system offering diverse music, talk and news channels -- some of which are commercial- free -- had been struggling to meet financial obligations as it worked to increase subscribers.

It said that in coming months it will sell portable "plug-and-play" versions of its system through brands such as Kenwood and Audiovox. These models differ from the first generation of satellite radios made by Sirius and rival XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc.(NasdaqNM:XMSR - News), which were primarily factory-installed in cars.

Investors cheered the results, pushing Sirius shares up to their highest level some four months. The stock rose to a session high of $1.42 this morning, and this afternoon sold at $1.36, up 13 cents, or about 11 percent.

New York-based Sirius said net income was $140.1 million, or 16 cents a share compared with a net loss of $78.9 million, or $1.22 a share a year ago.

The latest quarter included a gain of $256.5 million from a recapitalization which eliminated some 91 percent of its debt, and a dividend of $79.5 million associated with the elimination of all of its preferred stock.

Excluding the gain, Sirius reported a first-quarter loss from operations of $99.1 million. Its net income for common shareholders was $51.9 million, versus a loss of $90.1 million.

The company said net revenue was $1.6 million, up from $33,000 a year earlier.

The company also said it added some 38,000 subscribers in the quarter to bring its total to about 68,000, and expects to have 100,000 by the end of the second quarter. It remains on track to reach 300,000 by the end of the year, Sirius said.

Sirius added that it expects most of the new activations will occur in the third and fourth quarters as the plug-and-play and in-home products hit retail shelves.

XM Satellite started service in 2001 and claims more than 500,000 subscribers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts