Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience or done any research on a sattellite MX radio for the MDX? I tried to go back and do a search
but did not have any luck.

Big Al

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Its a good idea

But I don't think many people will consider unless they come out with a modification to the existing radio. Most MDX'ers are not willing to give up the entire bose radio system to put in a satellite radio, and if they have the navagation that makes things worse because the nav is hooked thru the radio.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It's XM radio, not MX. Try searching for that.

You can install one that works with your existing radio, either by using a FM modulator and connecting to your antenna cable, or by using a cassette tape adapter.

There are several types of antenna options.

I'll be adding an XM system as soon as I get the MDX.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got XM

I've got XM in my other car.
I love it...I was going to get a cd changer for my car, but I got a great deal on the Sony portable unit...(like the pic in the above post)plugs into the cassette player, and mounts real easy too.

I can take it out of my car and easily put it in my X or bring it inside the house.

The selection is great, sound quality is great too.

It is $10 a month, billed quarterly to your credit card, but I would spend more than that on cd's.
I let my wife buy cd's to play in the X. (our taste in music differs), but she likes my XM radio cause it has all types of music and news....

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
wckrause said:
Non-touring, Non-navigation, No-options, nothing, nada, zip.
I'm sorry, but you're going to have to add SOEMTHING!

I mean, Tim's kids need to eat, and, well, it's just WRONG!

Meet us half way- put on an acuramdx.org sticker-

:D ;)

Ard

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Where mount?

where would you put that sony contraption. Are you going to drill holes in your dashboard and mount it on top and run a wire to the tape deck? I don't think the hook-up is to pretty!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I put a Pioneer system in my MDX last November and I must say that I am very happy with it. I hid most of the cables and wires under my passanger seat and the display unit although small sits in one of my cup holders or I hang on to it like my TV remote i.e I'm always scanning for the important station. Other than the antanna, you would not know I had the unit.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Post some pic's of install

Anyone installed the satellite radio please post some pictures to see how it looks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'd probably put the "Sony Contraption" into the center console. Rather than use the cassette adapter, I'd purchase the FM modulator option and run wires under the carpeting. Nothing would be visible with the console closed, and you could still remove the unit easily and bring it in the house or put it into a different car.

I'm not sure about the antenna though, but there are several makers of XM radio antennas that look better and are smaller than the one that comes with the radio.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I added XM back in October but I did a complete audio system in my MDX.

All the FM modulated ones that will hook into what you have now are basically invisible except for the control module. It is basically just like adding an FM modulated CD changer. With the exception of the Sony unit which is quite large and can be moved from house to car.

I this XM is great and I really don't bring CDs in my car anymore or buy them anymore.

Go for it!

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
pic's

please post some pic's so we can see how it looks!

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Pic's of Satellite Radio

mig said:
DO a search on my user ID and you will find pics posted.
I did a search and only found pic's of the SUV not the satellite radio system. Can you post the link to the web page?

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts