Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between 1pm and 2pm was out in the pouring rain.
Saw an SS near Albertsons (you were probably in Starbucks) Quimby and Capitol Exp. with P2P as the starting license plate number (it looked personalized) either an 01 or 02.

Then 20 mintues saw a black 03, brand new, of course, turning left from Quimby onto Capital.

Just curious if you were from this forum.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
YES! Dale, I agree with you........

DaleB said:
Maybe we need to add serialized locators on all our X's so we could track them.
We need special transmitters to identify acuramdx.org members!
........Everytime I see another MDX pass by me, I'm filled with intense curiosity as to whether I know them as a member on acuramdx.org

Those "locators" ;) sound like a good idea, but until that becomes a reality, I guess we'll have to make do with acuramdx.org stickers :D

·
Registered
319 Posts
Anyone ever look into what it would cost for an AcuraMDX.org window sticker? The soft vinyl kind that does not require any adhesive. I've got a Tivo one like that and would love to add one for the MDX!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Arzoo said:
Anyone ever look into what it would cost for an AcuraMDX.org window sticker? The soft vinyl kind that does not require any adhesive. I've got a Tivo one like that and would love to add one for the MDX!
arzoo,

this site does have a sticker available at http://acuramdx.org/stickers.php

-henry

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Are those stickers the adhesive type or the non-adhesive, static cling type??:confused:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Dale,
That must have been mine!... nah.... but mine was a Mahogany red with gold emblem! always cruise around that area. anyway see you around!

·
Registered
319 Posts
phins2rt said:
Are those stickers the adhesive type or the non-adhesive, static cling type??:confused:
The sticker uses an adhesive and must go on the exterior of the window. Looks like the tint is too dark for an interior sticker. Too bad.

henry_atwork, thanks for the link to the sticker purchase form.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Maybe SF Bay area members can

check in by county. I would be curious to know if there are any other Marin County MDXers out there who visit this site. I remember a past thread where we checked in with the Bay Area city where we lived. That's how Marne and I first found each other and I discovered that mdxxxx lived just across the bay. This is just another reason to update profiles to include this info. Through this site I was also able to find the X that was produced within 5 production numbers of mine. I contacted that person and we agreed to keep each other posted with any X problems experienced. That said, I am seeing many more Xs around. Everytime I am out in mine I see at least 1 and usually more. I have never seen a .org bumper sticker but do not have one myself.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Maybe SF Bay area members can

bomo said:
check in by county. I would be curious to know if there are any other Marin County MDXers out there who visit this site. I remember a past thread where we checked in with the Bay Area city where we lived. That's how Marne and I first found each other and I discovered that mdxxxx lived just across the bay. This is just another reason to update profiles to include this info. Through this site I was also able to find the X that was produced within 5 production numbers of mine. I contacted that person and we agreed to keep each other posted with any X problems experienced. That said, I am seeing many more Xs around. Everytime I am out in mine I see at least 1 and usually more. I have never seen a .org bumper sticker but do not have one myself.
Good points, bomo. I wish there was a way we could flag this website. One sure way would be through the local dealerships. If they would be willing to handout info, just a card with this website's URL on it. Or post the link on their websites.
I wonder if there is a way that can be done without conflict of interest?

·
Registered
293 Posts
i was surprised that some dealerships, well at least one, actually mentions about this site. :D

when i told modesto acura that i was going to order my mdx with another dealership, the salesperson (forgot his name) asked me if i have read about that dealership at acuramdx.org and if the dealership checks out okay.

-henry

·
Registered
191 Posts
My dealership has been so thouroughly trashed on this site that they like to pretend it doesn't exist. I emailed them a page from here last week and told them it would be a good idea to keep up with what is going on the mdx world instead of hiding from it. No matter how much they talk about repeat business I believe they do not really care and cannot see past the unit they are pushing off the lot at that moment.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hey Dale,
I saw you once on the road but I was in my other car. I think it was the day before Thanksgiving about 9:30 in the morning headed north on 101 near San Jose airport. I recognized the maniks and the little dent on the rear hatch/door. I wanted to say hi but you wouldn't know who the heck I was. I pulled on the side slowed a bit then passed. I flashed my hazards once. I planned to mention something here but never got around to it. Next time you see a miata with BBS wheels and a hardtop that probably me. My wife drives the X on the weekdays.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Emerald01 said:
Hey Dale,
I saw you once on the road but I was in my other car. I think it was the day before Thanksgiving about 9:30 in the morning headed north on 101 near San Jose airport. I recognized the maniks and the little dent on the rear hatch/door. I wanted to say hi but you wouldn't know who the heck I was. I pulled on the side slowed a bit then passed. I flashed my hazards once. I planned to mention something here but never got around to it. Next time you see a miata with BBS wheels and a hardtop that probably me. My wife drives the X on the weekdays.
I think I may have seen your X one time or another. I may even have a vague recollection of that one morning.
I will be on the lookout, for either car, color is a given.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts