Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my unit yesterday (2/18) and I have a 4:00 installation appointment tomorrow! I'll ask the installer to take a bunch of "in-process" pictures.

The instruction manual is adequate, although clearly has been just loosely translated to English.

The switching unit works in a "pass-through" method -- so there's both input and output pins. You disconnect the main connector from the back of your nav, put the input pins from the Sam Device into the wire harness, and the output pins from the Sam Device into the back of the NAV unit, and you're good to go.

There is an included ground wire (has a metal loop at both ends) that needs to be attached to a good ground, otherwise the picture and audio will both be distorted. In my short tests, it does not appear that the seat assembly is an adequate ground.

I'll post more detailed info on my install and hopefully pics on Friday!

Joey

·
Registered
39 Posts
For what it is worth, I installed my ground wire to the rear bolt that holds the passenger's seat in place and my picture is excellent.

Anxious to hear how your install goes...

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yes, please definetly post some pics of the installation. Guess you are the first one from the group buy to receive the kit. thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts