Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a local shop for wheel alignment and they said they can't allign my '07mdx tech cause the left rear spring is sagging and needs to be replaced first. I look at the tire and the top is leaning inside, it' s leaning too much that you can see it in this picture. Will replacing the springs fix this problem? I noticed too that suspension is getting noisy when driving in small bumps. My mdx is at 210k, got it at 175k but i didn't have the maintenance record when i bought it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
After 12 years and 210k miles, all 4 springs and struts are probably due for replacements anyway. This might not fix the issue because this is negative camber and you need to buy some camber kits to fix this. The previous owner might have hauled some heavy stuff to cause this.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Went to a local shop for wheel alignment and they said they can't allign my '07mdx tech cause the left rear spring is sagging and needs to be replaced first. I look at the tire and the top is leaning inside, it' s leaning too much that you can see it in this picture. Will replacing the springs fix this problem? I noticed too that suspension is getting noisy when driving in small bumps. My mdx is at 210k, got it at 175k but i didn't have the maintenance record when i bought it.
At 210K kms your dampers are already overdue for replacement (even if they are not leaking). I replaced mine (2008 model) in 2017 at around 200K kms. I did all four dampers, four links, four sway bar bushings and two tie rod ends - when I drove it for the first time it felt like it was a completely different car - no more horrible banging blows that go through the entire vehicle body to you, no more noise, etc. It's going to cost you, but if you do it yourself, you can save a lot of money. There is nothing extremely complicated in DIYing anything I mentioned above. You can check my Youtube channel for all of these procedures, if you want.

As for rear springs, I didn't have to replace mine yet - alignment was good on all four wheels after the damper and other components replacement (note that I replaced the complete assemblies in the front rather than reusing the old springs simply because the cost difference is negligible considering the time and hassle required to bring them to a shop, have them redone and bringing them back).

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts