Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 MDX Sport package/GPS
Quick questions: #1 Does the wiring harness for the rear electric hatch pass through the passenger door?
#2 If so, if the passenger door window switch has been disconnected will that prevent the window and rear hatch from opening?

The Story: The passenger door window was broken as the result of a break-in. No other damage to the car. Safelite came to the house and replaced the window but left all the glass in the door. Windows/hatch worked fine after they finished. They recommended that I bring it to one of their service buildings for the glass to be removed from the door. So I did. Today (2 days later) after shopping I try to open the hatch and it won't respond to the key fob, the tailgate latch, or the driver side tailgate button. No clicking, or servo motor sound. Completely silent and locked tight. After loading the groceries through the backseat I'm driving down the road and try to lower the rear passenger window from the driver console and it doesn't respond. I then try to lower the front passenger window and it doesn't respond either. I reach across and try the window switch and still no response. The rear passenger window can be lowered from the door itself, but not from the driver console. So as it stand right now, my passenger window won't move, my tailgate won't open, and I can't control anything but the driver window and driver rear window from the console.

It seems odd that if Safelite simply forgot to reconnect my passenger door switch that all of this would go wrong. Is this going to be as simple as reconnecting the passenger window switch or did Safelite break something else too? I am currently waiting for them to come out a third time to remedy the problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Howdy UR,

I know for certain the window switch must be connected for the window to open. I know this because I replaced window glass last week, and testing it was a hassle. I finally removed the switch module from the door panel so I didn't have to hold the whole panel. My guess is the pax side switch is tied into the other switches, and they forgot to reconnect it.

I can't believe they didn't vacuum all the busted glass out of the door! What, you wanted to keep it in there? Sheesh.

I replaced the driver's side rear (movable) window: smashed in a break-in. I decided to save some money after finding a great write-up here. Everything went fairly smoothly... EXCEPT:

At the bottom of the window, there is a huge (1/4" or more) gap between the outer weatherstripping and the glass. Rain, dirt, whatever are going to fill up the door! I've gone back and forth comparing the two sides, trying to figure out what's causing the issue. I can't imagine I bent the door panel that much when I was installing the glass.

I'm stumped, and don't want to open up the door again until I have a plan. Anybody else had this issue?

Thanks all!
chris

·
Registered
336 Posts
Sounds to me like the sub-harness between the driver's door and fuse box. Your issue is a common symptom. It's easy and inexpensive to replace.

*note: I thought this posted a week ago, but apparently not. Sorry for the delay *

1 - 3 of 3 Posts