Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, who read correctly does anybody know of a similar users group as www.acuramdx.org for the RX300. My wife bought the RX (2nd choice after the MDX) after an absolute disaster when our MDX showed up. In 20 years of car purchasing (13 vehicles between my wife and myself) I have NEVER been treated this poorly. (BEFORE THEY GOT MY $$???) Anyhow if anybody can point me in the right direction to the RX300 Site it would be greatly appreciated.

I was going to call this "My Last Post and Testament" but I might use that for when I write about the dealer experience.

Thanks again

PS This site was extremely helpful and thumbs up to all.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I would not have let a bad experience at one dealer force me to switch to a second choice car. There are some good dealers and bad dealers.

Before I bought my MDX I searched for user's group for various SUVs, and I have never found one as rich with information and active, helpful users as this one. The others Ive seen have few posts each day. You might try one of the search engines like google to find a RX300 forum.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
It's only because the MDX is so 'HOT' that some of these dealers are not worried about ticking off one customer, knowing the next one to walk in will buy.

You should read what an auto-broker (former salesman) told me about the business. I have a posting on here.
But the key is, don't confuse courtesy for loyalty, they only have to be loyal to their boss. (You might want to consider an auto broker if they have them in your area.)
But if they cop an attitude or just act rude walk out. Right now you are probably very upset, and if you go to a Lexus dealer you will almost certainly get treated like a king. That is a short-coming of some Acura dealers, and has been discussed on here several times.
But think clearly about the car you really want. Don't have regrets later because you didn't try another dealer.
You can't go too wrong with an RX-300 but we think you could do better with an X.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Don't listen to Dale, come to the daaark siiide. :p Seriously though, Dale does bring up a good point. It's best to step back from your anger and evaluate what you really want in an SUV. You will be happier with it in the long run.

-nick

·
Registered
206 Posts
I just checked out ClubLexus. For the RX300, there are 839 threads and 5683 posts, compared to 5106 threads and 51923 posts over here for the MDX. Thats because we are such a great group of people who are enthusiastic about their car.

However, if it wasnt for the RX300, I would be driving another minivan, as it was the RX300 that made me want to get a midsize SUV. The MDX didnt enter the picture until a month after I started looking. I originally dismissed it because no dealer had any to look at. If I bought the RX300, Im sure I would be enjoying it too. However, I absolutely love my MDX.

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's true ifeldman, it seems acuramdx.org has grown quickly. The RX forum isn't quite as big but there are great members; ClubLexus as a whole is very informative and exhaustive and a little silly sometimes :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts