Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm all for performance upgrades and all, but man the HFPC, J-Pipe, and K tuner only yield 6hp/9tq? That's like 1500 dollars for that so that is 250 dollars per HP and 167 dollars per TWQ

Edit: damn I didn't see your other link until now. Not too bad for 30 additional HP =)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm all for performance upgrades and all, but man the HFPC, J-Pipe, and K tuner only yield 6hp/9tq? That's like 1500 dollars for that so that is 250 dollars per HP and 167 dollars per TWQ

Edit: damn I didn't see your other link until now. Not too bad for 30 additional HP =)
i'm interested to see how much of a change the J-pipe + test pipe yield with and without KTuner. it seems like the test pipe is the missing link.

·
Registered
737 Posts
i'm interested to see how much of a change the J-pipe + test pipe yield with and without KTuner. it seems like the test pipe is the missing link.
Test pipe will give you 2hp or so.

·
Registered
737 Posts
is that your MDX in the video by chance?

any reason why you went with the setup that you did?
Yes, that's mine.
Got Jpipe 2 years ago or so, wanted more power so I bought HFPC last year.
Ktuner offered free tune... got that last week....
This is the only,available and proven way to increase power at this moment..
You can get primary CAT deletes but in my opinion it is not worth it. Too much exhaust smell to justify power gains :)

·
Registered
737 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, that's mine.
You can get primary CAT deletes but in my opinion it is not worth it. Too much exhaust smell to justify power gains :)
Very cool! i'd like to hear how she sounds sometime.

maybe i'm confused but +6awhp/+9awtq seems very low by comparison to various setups with a 07-09.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Very cool! i'd like to hear how she sounds sometime.

maybe i'm confused but +6awhp/+9awtq seems very low by comparison to various setups with a 07-09.
You don't understand something
+6awhp/+9awtq only from tune and it is on mustang dyno, in reality is more than that.
older mdx had his baseline with no bolt ons, I had jpipe and hfpc before i went on dyno...
I actually gained little more than older mdx... he got only +5awhp/+2awtq from tune.
+6awhp/+9awtq doesn't seem much, but it drives much nicer. Less gear hunting, more low end tq and more peak power, engine runs smooth and more efficient.
At this moment I am getting 1mpg more what I used to get.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You don't understand something
+6awhp/+9awtq only from tune and it is on mustang dyno, in reality is more than that.
older mdx had his baseline with no bolt ons, I had jpipe and hfpc before i went on dyno...
I actually gained little more than older mdx... he got only +5awhp/+2awtq from tune.
+6awhp/+9awtq doesn't seem much, but it drives much nicer. Less gear hunting, more low end tq and more peak power, engine runs smooth and more efficient.
At this moment I am getting 1mpg more what I used to get.
ohh, ok. thanks for clarifying.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Yes, that's mine.
Have you done any informal Gtech type measurements? I'd be interested to see 0-60 times for example.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Have you done any informal Gtech type measurements? I'd be interested to see 0-60 times for example.
I didn't, but i did 0-60 measurements using fps in the video.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I can tell you this much: I was the one of the early adopters of the RV6 Jpipe on my 08 MDX and combined with the resonator delete and Custom Cold Air Intake the car sounds much nicer (Sort of G35/VR6-like with no drone or rasp) and most of all the car responds much nicer and there is no gear hunting while on the freeway especially when you are doing 70-80 mph on a slight uphill in 5th gear...That to me made it worthwhile..Now I just have to install the HFPC's and get the K-Tune...

·
Registered
737 Posts
^^^^probably you are loosing power with custom air intake... J series engine don't like air intakes, it is proven on dyno.....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can tell you this much: I was the one of the early adopters of the RV6 Jpipe on my 08 MDX and combined with the resonator delete and Custom Cold Air Intake the car sounds much nicer (Sort of G35/VR6-like with no drone or rasp) and most of all the car responds much nicer and there is no gear hunting while on the freeway especially when you are doing 70-80 mph on a slight uphill in 5th gear...That to me made it worthwhile..Now I just have to install the HFPC's and get the K-Tune...
very interesting to hear your experiences with the J-pipe. any videos??

·
Registered
737 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
ohh, ok. thanks for clarifying.

when i first saw +6hp i was also like :wtf:,
then i realized that was the gain AFTER the KTune installation.
the Jpipe and HFPC were already in place.

hopefully they can post a dyno showing the gains for each mod.
and the silver MDX in the first video was a 2012.

my Jpipe is sitting in my garage waiting to be installed. then maybe next year it's the HFPC and KTune.(fingers crossed)

·
Registered
737 Posts
when i first saw +6hp i was also like :wtf:,
then i realized that was the gain AFTER the KTune installation.
the Jpipe and HFPC were already in place.

hopefully they can post a dyno showing the gains for each mod.
and the white MDX in the first video was a 2012.

my Jpipe is sitting in my garage waiting to be installed. then maybe next year it's the HFPC and KTune.(fingers crossed)

White mdx was 07-09..... And they posted gains for each mod on white mdx....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts